Background Image

Que prioritization (again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Talron, Feb 19, 2018.

?

1-10 man que prioritization

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Diealotus Adanius Subordinate

Que in the garrison would be best.
  2. Seadee Seadee New Member

Caveat :

1. Queue
    2. Solo players can not be neglected in favour of Guild experienced, it needs to be balanced, The game should attempt to match parties against parties at a reducing rate ultimately ending up with solo players filling the spots, this would maximise good game experience for new/solo players and encourage them to join guilds.
    3. i'm not sure how it spins up games right now, but you could always spin up a "solo only" map for every game with a large grouped player base in, ensuring that there is always something for solo players to do, perhaps in light of that, make a number of smaller maps that lend itself to a quick turn around and thus reduced queuing times for solo players.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

So it would seem alot of the issues in here are that the solo players want to avoid pubstomping. Which I can understand and maybe I didnt make it clear enough in the description but this idea is to allow solo ques up to 10 mans be prioritized not just groups. This idea was primarily suggested because this game is a multiplayer game that does allow for large groups to que in and guild currently make up about 70% of the active player count. I think we can all agree that we want separate que times for groups to fight each other but that sadly wont happen so this idea is merely a band aid until that day comes. And before anyone reads too into this yes I think solo players are helping this game as does almost every guild but currently with this system makes almost 70% of the player base wait for roughly 10 minutes in between each game and punishes those that play with friends. Come on guys... the game is multiplayer not single player.
  4. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

I mean it would make sniping guildstacks easier but it would mean guildstacks will more often go against pugs which I dont like. (if I understand this correctly, plz correct me if I am wrong its not really something I had experience before cause I did not see the other threads)
  5. Antius Antius Arkhona Vanguard

As a guild the group has put more money towards the game then any individual, there are 50 of us in our guild we have pulled 2500 bux towards the game, why should someone who has only put 50 bux get priority over the guilds. If you want priority join a guild its not hard. " oh no! you might work together in a game" maybe loyalist wont be such trash 90% of the time. I dont know another shooter community where ppl trash guilds the problem is they are a vocal minority.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

upload_2018-2-20_23-36-51.jpeg
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. Players should be encouraged to join Guilds in a game focused on teamwork. But the Guild tab in game is poor, if it was at least sorted by numbers of members in Guild it would be a hell of a lot easier for newbies to find Guilds to join.

It's also crap being in a Guild War party and having to go up against a team of solo players. No one wins in this situation. If this happens we will actively try different things to give the other side at least a decent fight but that gets tiresome for us too. We want a fair fight as much as solo players.
  8. Don't be afraid of change, not sure who the current system is working for but from my perspective, it needs a fresh look.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  9. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

I would only support large warparty sizes if they were only qued vs each other (poor solo people filling in though).

As it is, more than 5 people (5 people is more than enough to carry any game. 5 is pushing it) is bad for games in my opinion. I like fighting guild stacks with just my self or a couple others, but most people don't.

I voted no.

There really needs to be a permanent "competitive" que in which you can see when another warparty is qued up. I know that they have the capability to do this.
  10. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

For too long faithful Eternal Crusade players are using the ingame warparty system to queue up and wait their turn to contribute coordinated combined arms teamplay to the game and increase the playerbase. Warparties are up and too often simply watch as game after game they are passed up in favour of solo queued players.

It can sometimes be that 45 mins can pass and two games have been formed, played and finished without the warparty being pulled into a game. This is not right.

Guilds are perfectly capable of solo bombing BATTLE NOW too to get games but they queue together as they hope to be in the same match and catch another guild warparty. Warparties have been deprioritised and this should not be the case. Any warparty up to 10 players should be what a match spawns around with solo players added around that and then smaller warparties added after no more solo players are left on that faction.

Some people from guilds are actually leaving the game for good (this is how bad the situation has become) due to waiting for the majority of their playtime. It is bad for the game. We are losing players from frustration, players that otherwise WANT to be here and play. Why should a guild have to figure out a meta way to get into a match or solo bomb the queue when a perfectly good warparty system exists and should be encouraged in a team based game?

On Saturdays many EC guilds have met and taken the initiative to start a new movement to revive the game. They have formed the Joint Guild Council which is a cross faction multiplayer movement and all form warparties of no more than 9 in order to get more games up and avoid pubstomping on this popular weekend day but during the rest of the week guilds have meets and training sessions where they can get attendance of 15- 25 people or more. Training for Guild v Guild matches has to happen sometime and there is nothing better than being in a fully coordinated 15 person team on the 15 player matches or the 20 or even 30 person fortress maps. Everyone wants to play as a team and with their friends and leaving people out is not fun or nice, especially when you suddenly meet another large guild stack.

Please can the Devs adjust the matchmaker to allow for warparties to form the core of each match first.

An even better solution would be to spawn each waiting team in the Garrison or random map with enemies and trigger the match like a temporary unbalanced deathmatch on UAT so that the players could at least DO SOMETHING while they are waiting, be it train together or have a fun little shoot em up while they wait for the proper game to collect population. Is match queueing in garrison or a random map possible to implement? @Oveur @jbregg @Pierrick
    Talron, Eilhander and LOBOTRONUS like this.