Background Image

Que prioritization (again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Talron, Feb 19, 2018.

?

1-10 man que prioritization

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

This thread is not ment to be salty by any means and I would greatly love to have you guys behave yourselves with this post. After speaking to a majority of the guilds in game it would seem that we would like to see the que prioritization shifted from solo ques to 1-10 man parties. Please vote and spread this around to help make some noise. Also yes if this does make some noise do not expect instant results. The dev team is small and already very busy =D
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Technically, guilds are what keeps this game alive. Nonetheless, 'majority of guilds' is not the same as 'majority of players'. I like to think that warparty coming online, especially if on voice, will be able to entertain themselves for 10 minutes, whereas a solo-player might just get bored and drop out.

I am usually playing as 1-5 players and, as soon as Eldar are actually online, we have no problems finding a match.
    If joining much bigger stacks, 8+, this gets a lot harder. But I am not sure if the bigger stacks really should be supported in the first place. It wouldn't hurt if guild-stacks were spread out a bit thinner.

Essentially, if you Q with a major stack right now, you have to be lucky for multiple enemies to enter the Q at the same time. This is most likely when there is another warparty on the other side, which is a good thing.
  3. This allows the chance of a small guild stack on each side and allows solo and groups to still play the game. In turn this also allows solo players to play along side small guild groups so that they can get a feeling of working in an organised team, all the while helping to prevent onesided pub stomping.
    LOBOTRONUS, Dekra and Talron like this.
  4. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Oh @Pierrick and @jbregg Don't worry you two. We arent asking you do this now by any means. We just want to bring it to your attention =D
  5. Shiani Brujah Preacher

The devs are welcome to set the maximum War Party size their algorithm will check for first at whatever they like, so long as they let us know what they decided (and ideally not make it stupidly small - 5 players minimum, I think).

That way they have some lee-way to best suit a broad spectrum of players, whilst still not alienating the most dedicated players, the vast bulk of whom are in guilds.
  6. Thanatos LordThanatos Subordinate

This is a grand idea, alot of the players are highly frustrated with the que times(sigh). Alot of players flat dont have the want or attention span to stay in a ten min que either.(sorry generalizing). This i honestly believe would help speed up not only matches so we can get more in per play but would take away that one frustration as well. We believe in you guys, we love what you have done here. Give the masses something to show that you are doing something and i believe faith will come back. In a years time if we are patient and let the devs work we might just have something grand here. This FPS is so unique in so many ways, and me personally love the way the lore works in game,(no OP crying here at all, just diff strategy). Lets shorten the ques devs, please?
  7. As the leader of VI the Wolves war parties generally include about 8 to 13 players. Sometimes even more than that. On Saturdays we don't have to sit in the queue that long because there's lots of other guilds to fight. On the other hand Fridays is our Murder-make event and sometimes we sit inside the queue for 40 minutes. Some people don't want to or do you not have time to sit around for that. I realize were fairly large group and some what of the minority here. But the Wolves like to hunt in pack. Plus if my men are not all inside my pack. Who am I supposed to drink with ha ha ha ha!
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  8. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

id rather not give priority to pubstomping guilds

if you want to get games in a group, we really need this 5v5 mode working so that we can just queue up like that against eachother or against our own lads in 5v5s.

@Oveur
    Aislinn, Data8671, Brujah and 5 others like this.
  9. From now on you get free upvotes from me for that cool signature.
    Durash likes this.
  10. Thrakka Thrakka Master

Makin sure dem bigga groups get priority first wud probably work gud. But it wud also be fancy if weez 'ad more options fer queing. Like a setup lobby soz we can pre-fill the game before da game aktually starts. A screen Lobby dat lets you see 15 boyz of your group 15 boyz from da other group. Soz we can set up whos gonna play in dis custom match. Sumfin like dat. I'z just an ork lads i'z bad at explainin fings....just stomp gud