Background Image

PvE not attractive to players?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Skarbrand, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Yeah, always sucked when you ran into a Toxic.

Thing is, these warriors ARE beatable, but their health is too high. Devs agree and are lowering it.

I HOPE to see Ravagers/Lictors/Zoanthropes in game eventually. Hive Tyrants and Carnifex are too big for the maps we have.

*evil grin*

Maybe a solid wall of Spore Mines closing in when you open a door?

'Go ahead! Go Rambo! Run into those! I DARE YOU!'
  2. Redhatter Redhatter Arkhona Vanguard

The problem with PvE atm is that it's so simple, all we do is run through a few corridors killing nids, then sit on some points killing nids. and we are mostly just fighting gaunts and like 2 warriors. There needs to be loads more variation when it comes to the nids like lictors, carnifexs, gargoyles, etc.
  3. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

There is also the problem of melee and range fighting together.
    If I would send my melee rubric into the thick of it, it would surely get shot by the nice autocannon man.
  4. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Yeah, friendly fire sucks, but especially in tight quarters when the medic cannot get to you. Sucks even worse when they don't stop after dropping you because THEY WANT THAT KILL DAMNIT!

TOTALLY agree this mode needs more stuff. More enemies, more maps, SOME KIND of reward besides XP, AP and Requisition.
  5. Asylus cw911 Steam Early Access

The Que time doesn't matter if the game mode doesn't actually work. PvE right now is boring, doesn't work all that well, and is mind numbingly repetitive and unimaginative. there's only one map, infested complex, and there's only one enemy faction to fight, the tyranids. And once the 'nid warrior shows up, what was a boring game of whack-a-gant, becomes a game of RUN FOR YOUR MOTHER-FUCKING LIVES! Because of how insanely difficult the Warrior is to kill.

And having friendly fire work the same way here as it does in PvP just makes things that much worse. What needs to happen with this game mode down the road, is more maps need to be added, more enemy factions need to be added, more variation in map objectives need to be added, those damned objective timers need to be removed or relegated to one or two different game modes or objective types, not blanket applied to every objective, and the elite enemies need to be made easy enough to kill that players aren't made to feel completely powerless against just one bigger than average enemy.

I don't even bother trying to fight the warrior when he first shows up in the match right now, I just run for the elevator, and wait for my team to either catch up, or die, then move forward so the match doesn't guaranteedly fall apart right then and there.
    0strum likes this.
  6. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Since they brought it out I've had one successful game, every other time I either have been loaded into it myself (and die fairly quickly) or more recently with the new match maker taking so long for our 5th to join by the time he finally got in the rest of us were kicked for being inactive for to long so I've not tried again

When the PvE match maker works better i'm sure PvE will be more popular
  7. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

New patch is supposed to fix the kicking for inactivity while waiting.
  8. ChuckBane Chuckdatass Subordinate

You play it twice then it becomes a chore. Needs way more variety. Also the way you have to navigate to queue hides itself from new players
  9. Aed Aedwynn Curator

It's not popular due to relatively long wait for team to fill, and a nasty idle kick bug (fixed, haven't seen it since patch). As for players, trolls started to appear that do not select loadout till the very last second( probably in hope to trigger idle kick bug), then start to TK.
    Add here that Warriors are way too hard to kill without PF as they are too fast too tough for regular weapons(not for eldar though) and spam stun. With a good placement you can lure them on Meltabomb ot try and throw krak grenades on them but that usually results in friendly deaths. Plus, warriors in sewers where players can't even dodge-roll?
    It looks that Devs are making steps in right direction - 1k reward limit was lifted, idle kick bug squashed, warrior health lowered. What remains is repetitiveness and content not scaling to less than 5 man team.
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Ah, yes, now that you mention it, there is one other thing that I find problematic about PVE specifically: the automatic re-queuing.

In PVE we have the small 5er team, a game mode that will (currently) not start until all players are ready, no way to join a match after it has started and no way to kick AFKers during the preparation phase. I myself am guilty of alt-tabbing out of EC at the end of the match, forgetting that I will be automatically re-queued, thereby causing a delay for the other players without them having the option to kick me.

I think we should either get rid of automatic re-queuing or give players the option to vote-kick AFKers before the match actually starts, or both. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only idiot who forgets that he is queued because he tabs out during the long queue times...