Background Image

PvE needs easy mode

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by BrotherDamnatus, Mar 10, 2017.

1. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

My bit on the matter, in lair missions it seems that you either have folks who are new and don't know what to do or those who've played but their's no communication between them, so you end up with a weird mix of wargear. It's also a fun thing trying to decide on what wargear suits you and the group, usually the slower power weapons don't help out, but it'll be amazing for the warriors. Then just general coordination takes practice or prior organization, though I'm sure there are folks who pull it off by chance.

As to horde, it is dead easy in my eyes, I've jumped between all the classes minus jump(haha), little reason to take it. I've found the main holdup in horde is that it's either folks haven't played it or haven't realized there are locations where you can hold up and drop some brukka, understandably, personal experience is that I'll either let them do something and fail or go to these holdout locations for them to fall back to. It's no ill will toward them, but you can only learn one way.
    For example, I'd been playing a horde match and I'd stayed over by spawn, the nice long walkway, no back spawns, the others had gone off to some platform, and I was there for 2 or 3 waves. Eventually one voted to kick me, it didn't go through, but the next wave they all died, I finished the wave and they rallied up in the same area. They used up the ammo box and started to voice ammo concerns and how we need to move, they opted to move over to a ledge with all of the spawns and we died within the first couple minutes of the wave. Though harsh, it's sometimes best to let folks sink, but do bring up what went wrong and why.
    Sumshine likes this.
  2. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I think nids still hit a bit too hard in melee.

This is not vermintide where you can wiggle in-and-out of melee and you can block while moving.

Melee classes are almost redundant in PvE right now, so clearly nid melee is too vicious.
  3. Threule Threule1994 Firebrand

Then play a shooting class
  4. Madork Gunna DarkGraven Arkhona Vanguard

5. Sounds like you are a good teacher.
    TheMadnesss and DoomJester like this.
  6. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Normal difficulty isn't even that hard. I regularly win lairs and get to XP cap on hordes as long as at least 3 of the members of the group are Vets of the game and actually give a damn.

The reason I have so many losses is less the difficulty of the game mode, and more the incompetence (sorry to say) of the group I'm with. Often I end up with a pug group of 3-4 newbies to the game, and/or Vets who are just being lazy as all hell (or have no idea what they are doing). Pretty easy to spot them too, look for the people who go JPA, or spam AOE weapons, or healers who don't heal.

So...can't really balance around that.
  7. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I'm a bit torn on the suggestion of having an easy mode in PVE...
    On the one hand I am increasingly frustrated with the constant stream of noobs that inevitably ends in defeat.
    On the other hand I see them make the same mistakes as people always have. It's people running off on their own, dying in a far corner of a large room or running ahead and triggering more Tyranid spawns when there is still a warrior around or running away from the healer... etc.

I don't know how enjoyable PVE would be (if at all) if we had a version that is sufficiently dumbed down to compensate for the absolute stupidity of certain players.
  8. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Don't think we need an easy mode; all we need is in-game voice chat.
    Sumshine and TheMadnesss like this.
  9. Agreed.

Hopefully some day we will see exclusive Weapon, armour and banner skins that will only be available via playing lots of PVE so making an easy mode would make this gear a joke.
    Vegi likes this.
  10. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Easy mode could have as a place as an entry point, in place of a PvE tutorial, with the exclusive gear being locked to higher difficulties.
    Talron, 0strum and Njord-Halfhand like this.