Background Image

PvE Lair V2.0 - Narration and Atmosphere

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, Jan 24, 2017.

1. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Need dynamic lighting and flashlights.
    ???
    Profit
    DrDooManiC and Cloud like this.
  2. mindless Largo First Blood!

This mode is full of bugs and curves change the balance of power until the normal difficulty level will be a "pressure" on the ... novvovedenie in PvE and is dreaming on ... so this mode is "dead"
  3. a little more claustrofobic space hulk esque illution caused poor lit rooms with a few almost-failing lights keeping up visability in the lurking darkness thats littered with glowing yellow Termagaunt eyes (Y)
  4. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

That would be majestic. Combine lighting effects with random spawns and levels with some pathing variations.

I'd be all over that.
    Fangz and Cloud like this.
  5. Elohim Elohim First Blood!

exterminatus extremis.
  6. I would wish it to happen just stated in OP, but behavior has a terrible issue with not understanding that 90% of the hype towards wh40k games is its lore, which is non-existant in EC. I'll just remind you that to the question "where is the Arkhona conflict lore, and when will it happen?" the devs stated that the lore is already there in the form of those pitiful short stories that explain nothing.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  7. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

I think you put in way to much effort. But, was a good read!
  8. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

Is this in reference to the very first PvE mission? Or the more recent Map Beta?

If the former, I think it's relatively decent as-is, and just needs some of your ideas to make it more apparent. The way you're first objective is "Purge the ventilation chamber" and ends with "bring this power cell to this machine" implies the purpose of the mission is to turn some big machine of some sort on

Hive Beta, by contrast, is clearly a "marines are trapped after a previous mission, need to escape to the surface". And it's that previous mission that sounds a heck of a lot more interesting

That's how Space Hulk: Deathwing ended. And while I like that game, people really bitched about the ending being so minimalistic
  9. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Or how about the psykers have located on of those random mutations the Tyranids are cycling through to reestablish contact with the Hivemind? (You know... as mentioned in the background-stories of EC...)

And it turns out that this super-special Tyranid is based on the synapse-creature that is the Tyranid-Warrior?

And the goal is to get in, kill that creature and get out alive?

And if you fail to kill it and the monster gets away, THEN you have to plant a bomb to kill it?

bE can save valuable time and ressources by making the cutscene an 8bit-graphic... :D
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  10. Selke Selke Member

I agree you all races hawe allways a plane and a reasen to do so dangeres thinks like go in a Layer full of Tyranides. Eldar will only go in there if the Future show a BIG danger coming from the layer. Astartis will go there after an brifing and go trow the Missions. Orks ok thay will only go there because ther is an enemy to kill. And Chaos will only secrefice there soldire to a layer if there is somthing very valubel for tham. I agree a Missions Brefing ad the Begining of a layer will be nice and gife mash mor infpormation ower the Tyranideds of acona