Background Image

PVE exclusive aesthetic items and weapon skins

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Njord-Halfhand, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Title says it all.

If you're not following basically I'm proposing we should have Armor appearance items and weapon skins that can only be unlocked via PVE milestones(complete a total of 300 horde modes over your entire career) and/or pulling off miraculous things in PVE(complete 20 horde mode levels in a single run). Perhaps even class specific unlocks based off of total heals or total revives for Supports, total enemies suppressed, total melee kills vs bugs, etc.

These appearance items and weapon skins would ONLY be available via PVE. If we ever see character titles added to game we could also get exclusive PVE titles for our character.

"Guardian of the Faith"
    "Bug 'Stompa"
    "Aspiring Champion of Chaos"
    rhoomba, BlinD, Sir_Dikkels and 7 others like this.
  2. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Yes please.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Yes why not that would revive pve a bit
  4. This would be great if the horde mode wasn't awful
  5. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

Yes all the way, would like to see for chaos and orks some stuff like a tyranid head on a spyke in your shoulder(for chaos on the backpack) maybe even some reskins for guns too?(i can see orks shoving a nyd head on the end of a barrel just because)
    Daemonkz and TheWarpsmith like this.
  6. Salvohhh!! Solei Drill Abbott

Dere we go. Fancy kit for for krumpin' 'nidz?! Zogg-yeah!

For orkz, dere shud at least be a few bitz o kit dat letz ya show off 'ow many 'nid teef ya gotz. Sum a dem nids got BIG, noice, shiny teef, loike really big ork teef. (An' if I wuz a kunnin' git, which I iz, den I'd wager dat dey don't wear out as fast as ork teef when ya pull em out and uze em to buy kit...)
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I love the idea, and it's actually something that the developers have stated they want to add into the game. I'd love a Choppa made out of a hormagaunt claw, or my Bosspole having a Tyranid skull impaled on it. But these (while obviously giving the PVE a reason to even exist right now) will be long in coming due to their current roadmap they've got open. Hopefully the devs will see my "VOLUNTEER" thread and let us create art assets to help them out.
    Njord-Halfhand and Heironymus like this.
  8. -WCA-Vola Talron Steam Early Access

If we bring the idea up of fan made assets to them during a stream I'm sure they will tell us yes or no. Just keep bringing it up. And yes I get that there are a hell of a lot of loops that we would need to jump through to make this a thing.
  9. BlinD BlinD Arkhona Vanguard

Can't agree more.
    PVE exclusive cosmetics could bring more motivation for playing this mode.
    Also it would be great to add some PVE exclusive weapons or weapon mods, unlocked via achievment.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.