Background Image

Putting the Grim and Dark back into EC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Thanks mate, I'll try it out.
  2. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

That explains why I could never get that to work properly, I'm using a controller :(
  3. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Tried attaching a mouse to your controller for sprint attack purposes only? :p
    Wiggles likes this.
  4. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

I wonder if that would actually work I heard stories with some of these contraptions you can do weird stuff like that...

In the mean time I just use rolls and heavy attacks to close gap and it works modestly well for me cause half the time they try to dbash me anyways. :D
    JojoKasei likes this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Mastery of roll attacks is not required anymore since they nerfed the only weapon you'd use that on to be utterly garbage at roll attacking...

Its the P fist incase you was wondering..
  6. While it is indeed very true that melee has been on again off again OP, what you're describing just never happened.

I dont ever recall melee classes ever going over 30% to 40% of all total kills in game at any time, period. That was according to the hard stats that Behavior was providing every few months for the entirety of Alpha and Beta. During that entire time I can't ever recall any period during Alpha or Beta where it was pointless to pick up a gun. How would it be "pointless to pick up a gun" when, according to Behavior's own empirical data, total kills for ranged classes never dropped below 60% to 70% of all total kills in game? If you can find any data to the contrary, please feel free to provide it.

Sure, during Alpha and Beta some guns just flat out sucked, and some still do(plasmagun, skiplauncha). Still though, on an on again and off again basis, there was always some sort of ranged weapon that was crazy OP(versus all other ranged weapons and vs melee) during most of Alpha and Beta.
    LucianNostra, Gravord and Wiggles like this.
  7. Kjall Kjall Active Member

I'm gonna have to stop you right there, the plasma rifle can be an absolute god gun when hitting headshots consistently, it became my go-to gun to use when not using MoS on chaos.
  8. Atsidas Atsidas First Blood!

if its ping then there is no helping them; the problem is on their end and they should relocate or get a better service provider

if its skill then they should practice until they can do it consistently

no that is dumb, dont punish skill beacuse they can aim better
    Kjall likes this.
  9. Kjall Kjall Active Member

Scoring consistent headshots is a matter of proper crosshair placement, a basic skill in every shooter, just because the 40k community happens to be shit and expects there to be no effort and be the OP race they always dreamt of being is no reason to ruin a game, and removing the headshot multiplier is basically saying "fuck you" to any person that is worth his salt in the game and would turn it in a shitty casual-fest that would drive away new potential players, this was an issue with BF1 that made it lose players at a way faster pace than BF4, the gunplay was absolutely garbage for the longest time, and by the time they only acknowledged this issue the daily player count was already alarmingly close to BF4's daily player count, which is the previous game that was out for what, 4 years at the time of BF1's release?
    Atsidas likes this.
  10. Kjall Kjall Active Member

This. Punishing players more skillful than you rather than trying to figure out what you're doing wrong and improving accordingly is the dumbest and most pathetic thing you can ever do, what's the point of playing the game if im as good as the best players from the get go? if there is nothing to aspire to? ill just be the same god as everyone and then get bored after a few days.
    MyrkkyTiikeri and Atsidas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.