Background Image

Putting the Grim and Dark back into EC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I agree with just 1 thing in this thread:

The rest ... can be solved with experience and loadouts and a dose of luck..wich always plays a factor when playing balls deep melee.

And if there is anything i do know in this game it's the balls deep melee.. so take it from me when I say its all up to experience. taking the right loadout, and a dose of luck.
  2. Glass cannon proactive stealth flank build, problem is if anyone else sees you while you pick off the outliers your dead before your unaware target knows you where there. Not a good all round build but works for it's purpose I suppose.
  3. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

There really isn't a happy medium to be had here, otherwise I'm sure that shit'd be implemented by now.

I'd also dare to say that the playerbase is also a bit of an issue when it comes to making melee an attractive option. The only people left in this game that use melee are either clueless or as familiar with the concept of RIP AND TEAR as Doomguy himself, so doing anything to make it easier would just make picking a gun even riskier.

Yet at the same time, I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF GUNS. It's really quite the goddamned pickle.
    Schwifty likes this.
  4. So the solution to gun classes being OP is to be the gun class. . .

You know its a sad day when your best melee weapon is a fucking pistol which is often the case. I get more kills with my side arm than I do my sword.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't hear you over the amount of melee attacks in queueing.
    Something about having time to shoot in between all the I framing and HA launching ?

Out of all the stuff we could be talking about you pic these topics ?

Let's talk about Howling Banshee's being complete piss ever since they nerfed their HA launch range advantage.
    Lets talk about sword meta.. sword still being the NR 1 go to weapon because speed is STILL everything because ranged TTK is still to low for melee who aren't equipped with a sword.
    Or how Chaos got their sword nerfed literally because the color of poison is green in this game and nurgle is green... since last time I checked nurgle was into diseases not poisons..but whatever lets just whine to the one dev for months till he caves in under peer pressure and nerfs the shit.

Let's talk about P fist being totally garbage . or how LL is to expensive.. or how LSM have the best JPA and Ground Assault classes in the game yet want moar ..like capture keys..

But no let's talk about you and your inability to get kills as a melee class instead...
    coz thats a apereantly an important thing.
    Sily, Trooper909 and Schwifty like this.
  6. The Problem with "Getting gunned down in Melee Combat" is especially relevant once you talk anything faster then a sword. Maybe it's just my latency, but it feels like Tactical & Equivalents can take a good sip of tea before they frag me when i am not even through my 2nd swing animation and that's annoying.
    (Unless of course i roll round like sonic the hedgehog and use roll-attacks all day long)

Either speed up the animations and make those weapons just more expensive for their better clang & Damage, or add some kind of damage mitigation while in combat. My 2 cents
  7. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

It's due to how Knife/Pistol behaves for tacticals. You kinda have to do that rollex shite (or lure the melee into a clever wall hit) or you're practically dead.

It's been long discussed but: Remove the durability loss on winning a proper melee RPS, you do the right thing, don't get punished for it. That still leaves the advantage to melee but gives the tac somewhat of a chance. Second, force a weapon switch for ranged the moment you use a melee type attack, requiring you to weapon switch back to the main weapon (AND BY THE CHAOS GODS DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU REMOVE THE DURABILITY LOSS ON WINNING A CLASH), so you can't rifle whip from Dbash. Third, try a slight speedup of clang animations so the melee movement lock becomes less of a problem.

My suggestions on the topic. Game right now is too much on a razor's edge when it comes to melee/ranged. We need to broaden that edge and that means both melee and ranged have to give away some advantages and recieve some in return.
  8. Despite that niggling little unsubstantiated and counter constructive comment at the end there. Not quite sure what that's about but aside from that the rest are all very good points. Sometimes its hard to find a place to start with what's wrong with melee because there's so much that's wrong.

There's almost certainly boatloads more than that to add but there's also probably no reason to go on about it because it's all been talked about before, its all known and out there, the devs know and have given no indication of actually changing them for the better. In short nothing's changed so far why would anything change in the future.
  9. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Melee will never be in a good place because only pure bolter players have the devs ear and are also the majority.If anything expect more melee nerfs in the future probably Dbash.
  10. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

How to fix EC melee: increase plasma pistol total ammo count.
    trollface.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.