Background Image

Psychic Abilities.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Ilyrian Ilyrian Subordinate

I think that Warlocks are a more offensive stance of psykers and Farseers can be a support caster.

Warlocks have abilities like Destructor, Immolate, Ethereal Slash, Warp Throw, Embolden and Confuse
    Farseers have Spiritual Rites, Doom, Fortune, Guide, Mind War and other abilities I've forgotten.
  2. This is a wonderful idea. I really hope the developers see this and take it into consideration. Could be amazing. Although, if it's too difficult, I'm all for simply throwing lightning bolts.
  3. You can't really beat those good ol' lightning bolts really!

*looks at Avatar*

Heh.
  4. British Scientist New Member

Well, as Warlocks are melee, they can shoot some stuff from their hands just like an Assault Marine can shoot his bolt- pistol.
  5. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

Since many weapons have a cone of fire couldn't Guide narrow that cone?
    This should have the effect of making the weapon much more accurate and upping the damage since more shots would hit their target, possibly also dealing more headshots if the player's aim was good.

That seems kind of like it could be the effect of the Farseer helping a unit's aim psychically.

I see the Warlock as a class of 4 halves :)
    They can choose either to go for ranged damage or melee, and their psychic powers are split between group buffs / debuffs and direct psychic DPS, which makes me wonder if there won't be some sort of choice needed when skilling up your character to go in one direction or the other, possibly with the two types of wraith units (guard/blades) being unlocked along these paths.

That is a good idea.

Some time back over on MMORPG.com we were talking about how to represent Warp Spider's warp jump mechanics and had the idea of representing the warp space as a 'place' that the spider moved through.
    Of course 'place' is the wrong idea as they would simply be invisible to other players and unable to interact normally with them, but otherwise they would still be in the same game world, pretty much occupying the same space.

As we were talking about this Savij had the idea that the same mechanic could also be used for psykers to mentally scout the battlefield when using clairvoyance or farsight, so it wouldn't be a huge leap to also extend the same mechanic to handle psychic duels and the like.