Background Image

Psychic Abilities.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sithranis Sithranis Subordinate

I'd like to see a "Farsight" power which allows an Eldar Psyker to survey the battlefield remotely. Kind of like using a UAV in other FPS games.
    Fool of Blades likes this.
  2. Anshar Anshar Master

They mentioned a few powers in the Q&A as well as saying there is a danger in using them.
  3. Morentz Morentz Subordinate

Masamune, you do know that all races have pyskers with all different types of abilities. Like Chaos being able to melt an enemy with a ball of energy just from his finger tip. There will be other abilities as well.
  4. Qwin Craedathi Prefectus

I would love to see a special mechanic for when two psychers fight beyond just shooting energy at each other. I mean the Eldar have the ability 'Mind War' on the tabletop and in the lore psychers have pure mental battles with each other all the time.

Could you imagine two psychers having a mental battle with both trying to invade the others mind while troops swarm around them? It would be a unique way of disabling the enemies psychers as well as making encounters between them really exciting, knowing that your mind might be attacked at any moment. I'm not really sure if that would be implementable in the game or match the games pacing and feel but I like the idea of psychers fighting this battle between each other that other non-psychers can't see.
    Quothe and Fool of Blades like this.
  5. Morentz Morentz Subordinate

Well other pyskers are able to rip the soul out of their opponents body or go into mind war like state so I could see something like that happening.
  6. Anshar Anshar Master

I highly, highly doubt anything like that would be in.
  7. Stormbringer Wolffkhran Subordinate

When two psykers attempt to combat eachother the screen blacks out for both of them and they engage in a battle of the minds, which involves them playing digital pong against eachother?
  8. Morentz Morentz Subordinate

That would be the best thing ever. Argument over who scored the point.
  9. Qwin Craedathi Prefectus

Haha I don't know about digital pong but maybe entering into a 'mental battleground' type area where you duel it out using unique abilities unique to mental battles and vary by faction? So having a mental battle against a Chaos Sorcerer is different than having a mental battle against a Farseer or Librarian. The trick would be that while doing a mind war your physical body is vulnerable (you cant control it) so it would allow big energy shooting matches between psychers to still happen because they can't risk lapsing into a coma while tons of enemy troops are around.

On the flip side though if a psycher is in a friendly fortress under attack he can do a 'scan' for enemy psychers and when detecting one assault his mind, crippling him (maybe even opening him up for a easy kill for an ally) and possibly killing him. Of course he could just as easily kill you inside your own base by destroying your mind.
  10. Stormbringer Wolffkhran Subordinate

I like the idea but pong is more doable for the developers and at the same time freakishly awesome ;p