Background Image

Problem with the power fist.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waaaaaagh, Oct 5, 2016.

1. When sneaking up on an active eldar tank that was still, I hit it with a fully charge power fist at it's rear, and..... Nothing happened, contact was made, there was a spark, but nothing happened to it at all.

Later, I hit it again with a charged power-fist to it's front right, and it glided over my fist and was above me, before it landed on me I charged a second shot, released it under it belly, nothing happened. It then ran me over.

Please fix.
    Crioxus likes this.
  2. Reiken Reiken Subordinate

Sparkle fairy tanks have tiny hit boxes much like the sparkle fairies they contain. They're very hit or miss for anything that has to be point blank like the fist or meltabombs.

I try taking them as they rush me for a cheap road kill and nine times out of ten I just warp through them when I throw the power attack even when it's perfectly timed. At least they don't get the kill either so at least there's that.
    ComradeHavoc likes this.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

What really happens is, Pfist and Pklaw do NOT connect on MOVING vehicles.
    You can sometimes hear the sound like they made a hit, but nothing happens and you end up driven over.

It affects rhinos and trukks just as much as serpents, only difference is, people actually stay in serpents to drive them, so you can see it more often.
  4. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Fairies I kinda get, because elves are sometimes considered a type of fey like fairies are... but sparkle?

Since when do Eldar sparkle?
  5. GTer GTing Recruit

It's advanced technology from a race that's over a million years old, try something a little more lethal than punching it.
  6. Gboon Gboon Cipher

Were they rolling? If so, that's the rolling invincibility frames at work. I think they're fucking stupid and need to be removed ASAP personally.
  7. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

Do you know if that's an intended feature? Because it sounds like it could be the problem I experience every so often while trying to smack someone on foot.
  8. 1337Cammy 1337Cammy Steam Early Access

Trying to kill elder tanks with highly melee focussed weapons with this kind of unit collision mechanic of flying vehicle inside right now?

Do you like risks that much? :D
  9. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Its most certainly a bug, you're supposed to stop vehicle if you use strong attack on it, they've even made it so you can't be driven over during strong attack animation with klaw or fist.

As for fighting infantry with these weapons, well, they are hardly optimal choice now that they are balanced(primary AT, but you can still score kills, especially vs other melee).
  10. Obbu Obbu Confessor

There are mechanics in game that are intended to stop you from being able to run over people who are actively hitting your vehicle. If anything they're probably tuned a little high, as you can prevent a vehicle from accellerating by simply standing there, hitting them.

Fist also has a crew-stun mechanic that basically ensures that once you hit the tank once it becomes hard/impossible for the tank (serpents as well) to escape you, provided you keep stunning them.

In your case, if the tank was still, it might be a hitbox issue. Though a lot of the time, if the hit sparks but nothing happens, lag can be involved.