Background Image

Primarchs and the black carapace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brad83, Feb 16, 2016.

1. not to side track, but are all of you posting from your phones or something?
  2. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

I don't think any of the Primarch's needed the black carapace seeing how they were born to be gods among men, any implants, enhancements or surgeries were probably optional to further enhance their performance and capabilities. And of course still being human they, like us are susceptible to the ideas if I'm godlike why not enhance myself to be even more awesome.
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Maybe they had special power armor that interfaced a differwnt way. Also yes i am posting from my phone.
    DoomJester likes this.
  4. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

SoB and Inquisitors wear power armour, albeit without the mind-expanding benefits the black carapace provides.
    I always assumed the primarchs wore such perfectly fitted and advanced power that the black carapace would have been redundant. I can see Guillaman having the black carapace installed at a later date just because, while Fulgrim would refuse. I honestly never thought that maybe they just came with it, so food for thought.
    Edit: Hey, what Ragescrema just said. I feel redundant.
    DoomJester likes this.
  5. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

My thinking about this is that all the other additions which the primarchs have are organic extra organs which are in turn affected by there environment to switch on or switch off. For example the gland which makes there skin darken does not work for the Raven guard but does for the salamanders. But with the black carapace it is an infusion of a gland of sorts and technology