Background Image

pre base coated?

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by RageScreama, Feb 11, 2016.

1. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Is it possible to buy units that are pre base coated at a slight price increase so that you would only have to do the detail work. This seems like something that would interest me enough to possibly buy stuff and get into the TT hobby.
  2. Murtag Murtag Cipher

GW would never do it.

Just get the spray paint from GW or army painter. Spray your whole army in the base color then do everything else.
  3. Litzor Litzor First Blood!

Basecoating is usually the easiest painting step if you do it the right way. If you're just getting into it, I suggest spray painting the uncut sprues and leave them to dry for an hour. When you cut the pieces out, you will have to do touch ups, but it's a lot easier to hit all of the model this way than if you had assembled the model first. Just make sure your liberal with your spray painting, nothing worse than gumming up the model's detail with too much paint.
  4. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Think you meant to say sparing instead of liberal, but i get what you mean. I would like the pre base coat because i dont like dealing with the mess of spray paint. Hate ruining surfaces/clothes. No matter how careful i am with stuff like that i always seem yo make some kind of mess. Hate to have to set up a plastic room like dexter and wear a paint suit just to get started and negate my natural clumsiness.
  5. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I use a box for all my spray painting. I assemble the models then spray paint them all in a box. Do most of one side and let that dry then hit the other side. There is no way to get anything pre-base coated. Base coating is just as important as everything else in the painting process. It's all part of the hobby unless you pay someone to paint the model entirely.