Background Image

Power sword dmg mod broken

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Stabberl0l, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Plongo Subordinate

Yeh LSM got the same nerfs. No point taking (for me on a PF) a Damage mod which gives 10 damage for 50 points also most as pointless as taking 50 armour for 400 points... Also the Heavy attack damage mods are still broken for some weapons and reduce your damage.
  2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Any changes on LS mods?
  3. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I'd say that's a nerf.

Penetration mod is useless unless the opponent has (high) toughness, but damage mod gives a steady (but little) damage increase.

One is now situationnal, some times useful, sometimes not, while the other is always useful, but with lower efficiency.

+ 4% damage seems a bit too low though... They went from +17% to +4 ... eventually they'll get the value right.
    (I'd advise +10% at maximum)
  4. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

This is bloody terrible for the Striking Scorpion, as they might not even be able to OHK with a backstab from stealth anymore :(
  5. Try the penetration mod.
  6. Bijyu Bijyu Active Member

The Pen mod was always the better choice for striking scorpions. This "nerf" really only effects power weapons since they have insane high pen values by default. Chain weapons have 0 actual pen value and were only doing full damage against the 80 toughness eldar classes (which as an eldar you never fought)
  7. CptDred CptDred Arkhona Vanguard

man up, stop crying and act like a marine. You are supposed to kill your enemies with anything, either be it a chainsword, nerfed powersword, or poop on a stick.

But seriously - it's still "better" than chainweapons?
  8. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

I will.

Not really. You had to have more than 140 Toughness before the Pen Mod become viable, and in most cases the enemy doesn't have anyway near that much. Before the patch a Penentration modded knife did 319 damage with a backstab against the Hormagaunt, and the Damage modded knife did +320 (can't remember the exact number).
    Going to test Pen vs Damage again now.
  9. Obbu Obbu Confessor

Previously the damage mod out-penetrated the penetration mod, so something had to change.

ie. If you had damage mod on, you did more damage vs toughness than the penetration mod vs toughness, for the same LP cost, so penetration wasnt worth it.

Not sure what the current status is, though.
  10. The power weapons are still powerhouse even with the nerf. Dont be a cry baby.