Background Image

Power armour back to 120 all marine's

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by terry, Jul 16, 2017.

1. When you run dire avenger with 150 hp and 75! armor and see marines asking to put their baseline stat of armor tp 120
    CuCulainn and Firskon like this.
  2. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

That was not fun. The ground assault was a terrible class, today it's still not a good one but it was definitly worse before. Picking them was an absolute mistake because losing your shield was totally out of question, even stopping using it to hit someone in melee would mean your immediate and painful death.
    Today at least ground assault can play a bit of tank role, and jump assault must be played like jump assault, a hit and run unit that stalk and strike the enemy. Ground assault was not used by LSM before that despite the shield, jump assault were far better more, and ground assault were a completly abandonned classe.
    So no that was not a better game before, tweak the changes to the armour so that they can all have the same armor again, and Apothecaries will replace tacticals in 90% of the cases, and Jump assault will completly replace Ground assaults.

Yep, I hoped it was an argumented thread with ideas to improve the armours system of the game behind the title, with real arguments behind it. But that's just a buff LSM post on something they clearly don't need.
    I'll pass.
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  3. Ghetsum Ghetsum First Blood!

Since they want all their armor the same, they could just lower all of them to 100? :)
    Trashed likes this.
  4. DarkApostle DarkApostle Subordinate

Yeah I honestly don't miss those days, and my main is SM. Ground assault and Tac feel more useful now, Apothecary and JPA are were they should be. Maybe bring back overcharge on plasma cannons? *evil, trollish grin*
    Sily likes this.
  5. wow, this post has been here since sunday? jeez back in the day when people used these forums more a "buff lsm cuz muh durp" posts would have reached 8 pages in a day.

in insults if nothing else.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Sily Sily Firebrand

Please, Gods, No! - A single plasma/krak grenade is meant to drop you.
    The current TTK is the perfect balance between muh immershun and fair play. Arguing melee vs ranged TTK has no place in this thread though - nor should I bring up the point of Eldar being two-shotted by ACs and stalker b's etc. etc.
  7. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

pssshhhhh nahhh eldar still op! still the cheesy easy-mode faction! LSM is the skill faction here!
    Sily and Firskon like this.
  8. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

I just realised this can indicate you have your own hang ups about the TTK in the case, "its fine as long as it doesn't happen to me." to a degree it can have a place, OP was asking for survivability and an alternative solution to that is nerf muh damagez.
  9. The Entombed Thraxus First Blood!

Am I reading this right? Are stats being leveled out across the board for Tactical type / Ground based and Air based Melee?

*edit* nm. just buff request post. Not gonna happen lol, the Ranged tears would be epic.
  10. Sily Sily Firebrand

Then I have been misunderstood.
    I believe TTK is fine atm if speaking broadly, but I think certain things need fine tuning.

A skilled player should be able to escape any one-hit-kill if they see it coming. Plasma, reaper launcher and lascannon are easy to evade and control.

Melee backstabbers are handled with a simple dodge roll, of game works as intended at that time.

My issue is with x things that dont let a player react.
    Examples;
    1. Flying a swooping hawk. Get headshot with stalker bolter. Wings are instantly cut off and 90% of time, hitting space even though you have fuel does nothing. That is not working as intended, fuel should let you fly and evade, right? - Instead, you crash to ground, animation lock, shot and död.

2. Autocannons vs eldar. I know AC has a low ROF, but due to game mechanics, that doesn't really translate over well. Often you get clipped by ac, hit space for dodge, and end up dead before dodge roll is even half-way.

On other factions these problems don't come across the same way due to higher survivability. Ttk of under 3 seconds is perfectly fine imho, because it's supposed to be a team game.

PS. The hp nerf to healers and jpas has been good.