Background Image

Post Your Favourite Eldar Quote(s)

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by SonOfKeuartoc, Jan 9, 2014.

1. "AAAAARGH"
    -Every Eldar guardian in DOW1...
  2. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Ah but who killed them the enemy or...........someone else? *Evil grin*
  3. 4uk4ata Active Member

"I long ago surrendered hope of anything being easy, Commander. Still, we shall prevail this day."

Farseer Taldeer of Ulthwe, Dark Crusade.

"The wind whipping across your face as your blades whip across the throats of the foe. It makes the blood sing."

Saim-Hann Wild Riders. The "Wild Hunt" aspect of a Saim-Hann warhost tends to be downplayed a fair bit, but can make for some... unusual perspective on craftworlders.
    windbringer and Farseer Urist like this.
  4. Khaldam Active Member

"Bound befor the Wraithlord", "I will wiled this lance as if ... forged it" - Wraithlord saying

"Lets start the Dance of Death" - Harlequeen
  5. Fishnchipz Fishnchipz Subordinate

"Death? You want death? I'm afraid that would be far too boring." - Lorn Sarnak, Kabal of the Black Heart (Dark Eldar Codex 5th Ed. page 35)

"You think that's the summer rain falling? Ha! It is the blood of those who crossed the Scourges, boy. You cannot see them, but your foolish kin adorn the spires and crenellations of High Commorragh like grisly fruit upon the bough. Up there they bleed out their last, moaning and helpless, impaled through and through. No! Do not look upoward! Catch a Watcher's eye, and it will be your blood that rains down next..." - Edric Shiverhand, Slave-Elder of Gomor Sump (Dark Eldar Codex 5th Ed. page 32)

"We move through the Warp, as it moves through us." - Warp Spiders (Dawn of War)

"We are one with the shadows..." - Rangers (Dawn of War)

"We are the Destroyer's agents on this plane." - Dark Reapers (Dawn of War)

"Let you enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side." - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"Long ago, Lileath foretold this day..." - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"We are Kurnous' hounds, sent to the hunt!" - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"Like the ninety-nine blades of Vaul, I strike true!" - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"Isha will cry no tears for them..." - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"War with me, as Khaine did with Vaul!" - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"Just as Asuryan claimed the Heavens, I shall take it." - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

"Like Cegorach, I laugh at fear and pain!" - Harlequin (Dawn of War)

(I like Harlequins if you can't tell.)

"Private Malko stared up in wonder as the eclipse manifested with stately grace above him. The disc of the red moon slid across the sun until its rays were no more than a fiery halo framing a dark void. Malko squinted, his brow furrowed as he spotted a point of jade light within. It seemed to split and grow outwards, opening like a mouth or baleful eye. He fumbled for the comm-link to report the strange vision to Commissar Radczech, but his voice caught in his throat.

It looked for all the world like a sharp blade of a craft had burst out from the heart of the rift above, impossibly close, and it was soaring straight for him. Another emerged, then another, then a dozen at once, screaming out of the skies like the poisoned darts of a hunter-god.

Malko stumbled backwards, remembering the stories Goodwife Ingrid used to tell him as a child, grisly tales of a changeling folk who came from the skies to steal the innocent away into hell.

'Man the guns!' shouted Malkom his voice hoarse with terror. 'For the love of the holy, MAN THE GUNS!" - Excerpt from Dark Eldar Codex 5th ed. Page 44
    DiputsLasarach and Mngwa like this.
  6. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Is funny, I think I have posted all those Dark Eldar quotes before at other threads (and possibly this one), I love the scourge-one.

I liked those Dawn of War quotes too, didn't figure they had so many as well.
  7. Tiberius1403 New Member

"There is no art more beautiful and diverse as the art of death." - Laconfir of Biel-Tan

"We bring only death and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand." - Requiel of the Sons of Fuegan

"It's mind is as hideous as its body." "Arrogant mammals!" - DoW 2 Warlock

"They shall come, expecting the obvious, the simple, the artless. They shall stab at the shadows with confused minds and troubled hearts. Meanwhile, we shall appear unseen from ten directions, and from every one strike a fatal blow."- Farseer Caerys of Ulthwé

Some of my favorites, mostly from http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eldar_Quotes#.Ut1j-bTFKpo
  8. Fishnchipz Fishnchipz Subordinate

Dawn of War's writing was absolutely brilliant, both the lines for the units and the voice acting for said units was superb. There is a reason that a lot people think it's one of, if not the best 40k video game. It holds a special place in my heart for me especially, due to it being the game that got me into Warhammer 40k.

Also, yes, I love that Scourge quote. Scourges are my favorite Dark Eldar unit. :)
  9. bmurphy bmurphy Menial

Honestly I don't think the Dark Eldar have a unit that isn't awesome. :D

Kabalites
    Wyches
    Wracks
    Scourges
    Hellions
    Reavers
    Incubi (my personal favorite)

I feel like they are a race that definitely deserves to be present at launch because their combat styles are so unique (though this probably won't happen) but most definitely am looking forward to them being added later in the game.
    Mngwa likes this.
  10. Fishnchipz Fishnchipz Subordinate

Yes, sadly Miguel has stated very clearly that they are going to stick with the main four races for launch. But yes, all of the Dark Eldar units are amazing, but how do you not have Talos Pain-Engines on there?? D: