Background Image

Post Your Favourite Eldar Quote(s)

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by SonOfKeuartoc, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Samtheman FreedomFighter Active Member

2. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Had to look up some good Motley-quotes now...

"Forgive your errant servant, my noble king, I intended only to lighten a dark moment with the warming gift of laughter. I call upon the Masque by my right of sacrifice, as one foresworn to the doom of our people and perched upon the razor's edge between apotheosis and destruction. Would you like to see my credentials?"

("No need, fool, I recognise Cegorach's touch upon you." - Ashanthourus)

Then a little poem (also heard this from him)
    "Great Asuryan and his paramour Gia,
    Wise Hoec and Cegorach the trickster,
    far-sighted Lileath, deadly Khaine,
    industrious Vaul, the crone Morai-Heg...
    and two that loved us best of all,
    two of whom we sprang;
    Isha of the harvest, and Kurnous of the hunt."

"For better or for worse we are judged by our actions, my skeletal friend, not for our potential. If the universe has one message to relate to us about universal justice it is surely that one."
    - Motley, to Hradhiri Ra

"I have returned and I challenge you again! Come! Come and match your fury against mine! Never forgive! Never forget! Arhra remembers and now so will you!"
    - Morr

EDIT: Ehh, I have to give sources?
    Path of the Renegade, Path of the Incubus, Masque of Vyle, all written by Andy Chambers. You wont find these quotes (maybe some but definitely not all) on the internet ;)
  3. Smaug Smaug Well-Known Member

It is a conversation between Fulgrim and Eldrad Ulthran.

Eldrad: "At this very moment, the one you call Warmaster lies in death's shadow and there are forces beyond your comprehension battling his soul."
    Fulgrim: "Horus? He is injured."
    Eldrad: "He is dying."
    Fulgrim: "How? Where?"
    Eldrad: "On the world of Davin. A trusted counsellor betrayed him, and now the powers of chaos whisper lies wrapped in truth into his ears. They feed his vanity and ambition with a distorted vision of things to come."
    Fulgrim: "Will he live?"
    Eldrad: "He will, but it would be better for the galaxy were he to perish."
    Fulgrim: "You dare wish the death of my dearest friend? Why?"
    Eldrad: "Because he will betray you all and lead his armies against your Emperor! In one fell swoop, he will condemn the galaxy to thousands of years of war and suffering."

- The Hours Heresy book 5, Fulgrim.
  4. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

Actually I find it strange that I have never heard of really-really catchy and popular Eldar quotes. For example Chaos fans scream "Blood for the Blood God!" or the Skull Throne version of it, Imperium has dozens of them... is there any short and famous enough Eldar quote that we all (and people beyond Eldar fanbase) can relate?
  5. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

"Taste the rainbow"?
    No.. nevermind.
    I just like the harlequin poem about the deities but I can hardly call it short.
    Plus most commorrites don't believe in them anymore (although i'm still not sure about the incubi stance on Khaine), so...
  6. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Dearest Farseer, if you look in some other places where you have posted this, there was a good answer to it, that I agree with. The idea is that some crooked and distorted views of a frantic mon'keigh maniac are not the best source of information about us. His statement is such a biased and superficial observation, that I can barely stand it. It is so wrong, that I wouldn't wonder if this mon'keigh wouldn't tell Craftworld Eldar from their Dark kin, that's just about the level of his understanding.. Maybe you like this quote marveling at his ignorance and self-delusion?)

And among the quotations that I truly revere is this phrase of some humble Farseer directed to mon'keigh: "I have socks older than your entire race!"
  7. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

This is simple. The minds of the fanatics, be they worshipers of Chaos gods or the rotting "emperor", are so degraded, that the short catch-phrases are all their poor heads can hold, it's all the feeble message they can deliver.
    The mind of the Eldar is high and clear, we use the proper words depending on the situation)
    Iyan, Jorimel and FreedomFighter like this.
  8. Indraugnir New Member

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifiying to know
    -Inquisitor Czevak

I also love this one
  9. Allow me to elaborate.

I like this quote because it displays how the Eldar mind appears to non-Eldar; vast, terrifying, and so complex it must be without any sense of morals. But this is of course not so: Eldar have morals but they differ so greatly from those of other races that they automatically deem all of us heartless. So yes, I do agree that his statement is born out of ignorance moreso than anything else. As I said, this is good because it shows how mighty the mind of the Eldar is: ancient, wise and it feels hate, love and everything inbetween more strongly than any other sentient race. And they do this without losing their souls and/or becoming mindless slave-servants of uncaring Gods.

I apologize for the confusion caused.

Also, I love this. I need to start using it.
  10. Words cannot express how much I love this.

Motley is a magnificent individual.
    Jorimel and Mngwa like this.