Background Image

(poll!) What Should Be The Fifth Chaos Warband?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Kilrane, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Who should the fifth Chaos Warband be?

1. World Eaters

17.0%
  2. Emperor's Children

12.2%
  3. Alpha Legion

23.4%
  4. Thousand Sons

27.1%
  5. Death Guard

14.1%
  6. Other (list your choice!)

6.1%
  1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Just noticed this recently, from Michael Chans profile:

"One of the first things we'd like to add shortly after release is greater involvement of the Chaos pantheon in progression as well as cult troops (berzerkers, plague marines, etc)."

So im pretty sure by now that god legions will not even make the vote. This isnt the only place where they referenced this, and would basically be a surprise to everyone if they suddenly changed their tune.
    But ill find comfort in the fact that the terminology used here is "shortly after release".
    Baygle and Ghost XV15 like this.
  2. Very true, however if someone plays A god Legion for years, he wants to play it ingame.
    I'm very sad that I can't play World Eaters at launch and that I have to make a new character when they will be released.
    Baygle likes this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Actually i do recall this worry coming over me quite some time ago, as someone who will swap to the Death Guard come time. This is what Brent had to say to my worries (you can find this on his profile, page 3):

"I don't know if you already got the answer to this or not, but if we offer chapters/legions/craftworlds/clans after launch we pretty much have to give you some sort of option to change or we'll be in trouble. It might be only when you get access to a new one for example, because we don't want people hopping around all the time."

So yeah, they better take care of us nicely come time. Im playing these legions cause the ones i want arent here, not cause i actually like them that much.
    Baygle, Laanshor and Ghost XV15 like this.
  4. Baygle Baygle Well-Known Member

Well, they suerly can differ from each other, but they don't need the dedication to a specific chaos god for it, which has been confirmed to be introduced into the game later. It's easier for a Night Lord player to play as one than it is for a World Eater as long as they don't have any khorne-ish things ^^ That's why I was focusing on these legions in particular
    Laanshor likes this.
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I come at this by way of having dedicated most of my 40k collecting to Emperor's Children (with Fallen and WB at times) so I agree it's hard to stomach not having them included.

I can see them being offered one at a time as post-release expansions with a new sub-faction for each of the other factions although I would say that if you gave me a Noise Marine with a Sonic Blaster and the obvious mark as a purchasable Hero Class (in the same category that Fallen and Possessed are), I'd be only too happy to paint him with BL or WB colors. If you're going to dodge adding a God Legion to the list then recognize the liberty having undivided legions with active dedicated cults allows. Pure conjecture btw.
  6. That is actually good news, I like that they let us change the Warband.
    Hope they will get this well and smoothly done.
    DjemoSRB likes this.
  7. I haven't heard this, but it's an assumption I find highly plausible. I think one of the things the founders pack is likely to be funding is the at-launch release of cult troops. I base this on the fact they stated that it is the goal of this pack to bring game aspects intended for post-launch earlier, and this is definitely high on the list of the chaos communities wants. But as I said, this is a personal theory.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Interesting theory indeed. If we indeed have a say in what these "stretch goals" are then if an option arises for it i could very well see the entire Chaos community voting for it. Anyone found voting against will be fed to the Gods.
  9. Khorlial Member

What do you mean cult troops? Like being able to play a cultist, fuck that! ok maybe a cultist that turns into a daemon, but then you're playing a daemon.

I hope you meaning cult as in a cult from the gods, so K beserker, Noise and plague marines and thousand sons. That would be BLOODY awesome and I don't see how any mofo could vote against that or they shall have their souls devoured and skulls collected!

I would want to play Khorne Beserker and Thousand sons. EDIT: actually all of them

They could make it possible through upgrading a tactical marine dedicating himself to one god only and then joining a cult to learn their ways and gain abilities and gear through that.

It's a lot of work for the devs but would fully be worth.
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Cult troop is a term used to categorize the CSM under the sole worship of a particular god.
    The term encompasses Beserkers, Noise Marines, Plague Marines and the TSons and their Rubicks.
    Ghost XV15 likes this.