Background Image

(poll!) What Should Be The Fifth Chaos Warband?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Kilrane, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Who should the fifth Chaos Warband be?

1. World Eaters

17.0%
  2. Emperor's Children

12.2%
  3. Alpha Legion

23.4%
  4. Thousand Sons

27.1%
  5. Death Guard

14.1%
  6. Other (list your choice!)

6.1%
  1. Baygle Baygle Well-Known Member

There is no reconsidering, only chaos! *poke* The more Night Lords, the merrier ^^
    Chaos Lord Aadil likes this.
  2. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

I won't not play loyalist, but the more I read up on the Night Lords the more I enjoy them out of the Chaos Legions. I plan on playing a bit of every faction so I'll eventually give it a shot. Would still be great to see the Thousand Sons just so I'll have my mortal enemy in the game :p
  3. I'm black legion all the way and night lords for the terror they bring, but I would like to see a warband chapter like crimson slaughter or the cleved
  4. Calieus Calieus Subordinate

Alpha Legion. So you can be a sneaky massmurdering heretic rather than just the plain old massmurdering heretic.
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Fallen Angels war band would just make my head spin. I would say Alpha Legion just to complete the 5 original Undivided legion showings however the Fallen are beyond a doubt one of the best side stories of the Horus Heresy.

Might be a little hard to conceal the heretical past within the Dark Angels legion without 4 other Chapter Masters starting to get curious. The interesting thing about the AL and the Fallen is that their are conspiracies and hints that neither of them may be exactly what they seem: Wholly dedicated to the cause of the dark gods. But Fallen. Cause of reasons.
  6. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

There's one little problem with Fallen Angels: they don't look too much different from normal SM. The new or inexperienced players could take them for loyalists. The same concerns the Fallen Angel hero class and that might be painful as hero classes will be too expensive to deploy to get them whacked by accidental\pureposful friendly fire.
  7. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

I assume you mean the lack of chaos warping to the armor that they're usually depicted with and the robes. TT at least that impression is perpetuated by no specific kits being readily available so people mix the later MK power armors into their models to take advantage of the robes and iconography for easy distortion, gives them a distinctly non-spikey look. MK VIII Fallen *grimace*. I prefer them without helm horns and topknots anyway but my old minis had the normal CSM shoulders, arms, weapons and packs. Green Stuff'ed a lot of robes over CSM armor when I got better at that. Was very difficult to mistake the silhouette compared with DA models even with the DA chests.

The pre-heresy jet black (unless Iron Hands or Black Templars make it in) with red iconography is fairly unique too. I know there's some issue about Cypher (and some other art) wearing dark green but I think that's his redemption fluff coming through, Iunno tbh. It'd come down to the commonality of the robes but if that makes them noob-bullet magnets then it's just as likely to mix up WB/BAs in bad light, at a distance and/or while drunk. Which they will. Cause noobs will be noobs.

Still think the lore would be a bigger death knell than the friendly-fire risk but I do take the point.
  8. Now that Steven Lumpkin has shown us "the Fallen" as a Hero class, it would be possible that the Fallen become our 5th Warband and that would be a total BURNER.
    I love the Fallen, have converted one of them short time ago for Inq28

And they are better than the Alpha Legion (but I still don't know if I will play them or the Night Lords)
    However, fingers crossed!
  9. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Its a hero class, as in it wont be a possibility to play as one 24/7. So it cannot become a legion.
  10. I think you misunderstood what I ment, however I just say that it is possible.