Background Image

POLL: Ork Player Opinion On Our Development

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Mar 17, 2017.

?

How do you feel about the current state of the Orks' development?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2017.
  1. POSITIVE: Development is good, few problems experienced, usually feel great playing

25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. NEUTRAL: Development is okay, some problems experienced, usually feel okay playing

83 vote(s)
    53.5%
  3. NEGATIVE: Development is bad, many problems experienced, feel angry/frustrated playing

47 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

Looking at it- the Chain Choppa looks like it should be a two handed weapon with the long grip. Mirror another end on and that's basically an 'Uge Choppa?

The Burny Choppa. It is indeed on fire, though it's more a flowing red/orange aura rather than actual fire, much like a retint of the other factions power weapons.
  2. Burny Choppa shuuld 'ave sum sorta fuel tank attached ta' yer arm wif tubes dat run up yer arm ta' da burny choppa and inta' torches on it wut make da fire, not jus' sum aura
    Khaernakov likes this.
  3. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

Shishkebab from Fallout? Just with a more Orky blade.

kebob.png
  4. Aye, sorta loik dat. Giv it an orky feel, don't jus' take a choppa and put a red aura around it loik it be sum sorta magik
    Khaernakov likes this.
  5. Grimgrub Dregdakka SneakyGit Arkhona Vanguard

Mork! I didn't know they were so understaffed!
  6. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

It's very true that the dev team is small and they can't divide themselves up to split focus on the races. It's why when the revelation came to light about the dev team I suggested they alternate the focus every month... Have the guys working on the other things like normal and have a few focused on polishing and adding missing things to the faction of the month... It would mean there's 3 month gaps between major patches for factions but it would be better than every single month being all LSM all the time with minimal attention given to the other factions.
    SneakyGit likes this.
  7. Gazrick Gazrick Well-Known Member

After going back to Orks recently (today) I have to say we are noticeably less developed than other factions, in particular areas.

The most obvious areas where we are clearly less developed is with regards our Painboy and more worryingly, our melee animations. Melee with Orks is like playing roulette at the moment, we have a pathetic Dbash range, we have no range on our lunge attacks, it's a bad state. The Klaw is yet again worse than the Power Sword, Chainsword and even knife.

The Ork melee animations need either a complete overhaul or they need to be sped up/increased in range/both to be brought more in line with the other factions. Orks should be charging into battle with their choppas, not hiding behind walls shooting like some Tau wannabes. As we suffer from suppression worse than any other faction, and our heads are gigantic (so easy to hit in a straight up gun fight) we often lose when we bring only our guns to bear.

Best thing about playing Orks remains, as always, the banter, chat and continuous WAAAAGHHH!! spamming that never gets old. Game play wise they are awful and we will see more and more losses as the newer players take us out for a spin.
  8. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

Losses of games AND recruits when they see the state of Orks.
  9. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

Curious actually. What's peoples opinion on a learning curve for Orks? I tend to say Eldar have the steepest, siven how easy they die, by what do you all think ours is like? I think this includes learning melee between the various changes to it for us, i think.
  10. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Not much of a learning curve I reckon. We don't have any truly unique/complicated features beyond the inferiority of our animations, which can be bridged by literally just sticking to our guns which again are effective by just spraying and praying.

The WAAAGH is basically just a rare stats-upgrade.