Background Image

POLL: Ork Player Opinion On Our Development

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Mar 17, 2017.

?

How do you feel about the current state of the Orks' development?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2017.
  1. POSITIVE: Development is good, few problems experienced, usually feel great playing

25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. NEUTRAL: Development is okay, some problems experienced, usually feel okay playing

83 vote(s)
    53.5%
  3. NEGATIVE: Development is bad, many problems experienced, feel angry/frustrated playing

47 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Gobteef Firebat Curator

Orkz are still da greenest an da strongest tho. Butz ye, 'Umie Mains can still be as good as us Orkz, sum even betta.
    HAXTC, Khornatian and Kaptin_Pokkets like this.
  2. deffbreth deffbreth Active Member

Sorry if it came off as me saying we are better, all im saying is that we tend to like you said roll with the blows and find other ways to do well.
  3. If you really wanted only Ork player opinion you really should have made it viewable without answering, because basically everyone will answer just to see the results even if they'd have considered following your intent.
  4. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

Orks are the green tau because majority of players roll some sort of Dakka. Even the melee players use their Dakka more than the melee.

Also, because in melee Orks are at a disadvantage from their slow speeds (running, rolling, and attacks) and short animations. Even the fairies are better at melee than Orks.
  5. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

I would dare say the fairies are the best at melee even though they are the most fragile. They didn't get hit with the melee damage nerf so they are still as strong as they were pre patch in that regard. They also have faster animations which allow them to react in melee much faster and in some cases just flat out ignore the melee system due to speed.
  6. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

That, the fact their move speed means it's easier to get in to melee (surviving a straight charge is not, but ya deserve ta get zogged if da do dat anyway!) If i as an Ork get anywhere near an Eldar in melee, I'm dead. As someone that used to play Sluggaboyz and Lootas, I've swapped to Shootas and Lootas. Melee's just not fun anymore, and the purpose of it is to tie people up so someone else can shoot them.

Otherwise, they roll around behind you and one shot you with a light attack. I really want some customisable faction dummies in the Garrison So you can set Toughness/EHP so we can see how much the damage increase is for someone hitting an Ork from behind. Especially Scorpions, because the bonus damage they deal from stealth stacks with the bonus damage -Everyone- deals to the back of an Ork.

I don't get why our melee boyz have that weakness. It just makes anyone that gets behind us guaranteed to win unless your really quick to react, but your not going to be able to fight back just delay the inevitable with rolls since our Iframes are weird. And to actually get in to the range to do your Slugga bizniss you nneed to present your huge weak spot if you miss. Does any other faction have that? No. Would it make a difference if it was removed? I doubt it, since as far as I'm aware, shooting attacks don't get the increased damage, only melee.
  7. vncnt vncnth Member

Orks are/have been goofy since their inception EC-wise.
    There doesn't seem to be a definitive direction that bH wants Ork development to be taking due to lore-stuff like being Orks being slow bruisers and just plain lack of attention to work on other matters.
    Of course this had lead to Orks being the green version of Tau with how effective the majority of the Ork's ranged arsenal surprisingly is ('cept the Skip-launcha. Poor Skippy.).

But on the bright side Orks have consistently had the best cosmetic options for the last couple of major patches or at least since the "soft" launch back in September.
    I mean, we're going to be getting squigars "soon."
    How can the other races even compete?
  8. Grimgrub Dregdakka SneakyGit Arkhona Vanguard

I, like many here, voted positive initially, but after reading some of the points made here, I'm also second-guessing myself a bit.

I was fortunate enough to have my refund come through for the Skarboy Kommando that I bought with the points from my Founders' Pack. Money back is nice, but I would have preferred my Kommando.

It's little things that bug me, as gameplay-wise Orks can and will overcome any amount of balancing crap that gets shoveled on us just as we always have. Mechanics and animations have already been touched on, so here are my peeves.

Who decided every Ork's eyes had to bug out of their head like a Madboy? How hard would it be to give the Rokkit Launcher its own model instead of using the Shoota minus a clip? Why is the Clubba so puny? Why does the Chain-Choppa not have the bad ass spike-guard handle like the Burny Choppa? Why is the Torpedo Choppa so chunky (and pointless)? I understand the need for stand-ins while the development is in the works, but still.

Isn't there a development team dedicated to each faction? bE isn't just piling their whole staff into one or the other are they? Are they? I mean no disrespect, and I know their publisher has them by the spore-sacks, but I assume it isn't just one guy cut-and-pasting stuff onto the same pirate hat model to sugar-coat each patch.

Because that's what it feels like, and it's essentially what Orks have gotten from GW on the tabletop. And it sucks.
  9. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

As far as we know they have barely 6-10 devs at the moment on EC, I don't see how you could create teams dedicated for each faction with that ammount of people.
  10. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

i must agree about the clubba, i got me a dead shiny clubba and i was like "OH YEAH TIME TO SMASH SOME UMIES" but... literally my ork fist is bigger than that and probably would be more efective

besides model wise thats not work at all, thats too clean/symetric to reasemble ork pig forge style you know, to make it bigger with spikes of diferent sizes and pointing to diferent directions

there is the fire choppa too(not sure if thats the name, cant remember it right now) that is said to be set on fire but, not sure if it is because of my video options, but i barely see any fire on it lol
    Kaptain_K_Rool likes this.