Background Image

POLL: Ork Player Opinion On Our Development

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Mar 17, 2017.

?

How do you feel about the current state of the Orks' development?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2017.
  1. POSITIVE: Development is good, few problems experienced, usually feel great playing

25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. NEUTRAL: Development is okay, some problems experienced, usually feel okay playing

83 vote(s)
    53.5%
  3. NEGATIVE: Development is bad, many problems experienced, feel angry/frustrated playing

47 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

This thread has been created so that a general feel of the opinions of the Ork players can be made, in an effort to understand how our population feels overall regarding our current state of development. There are many posts littering the Forums stating players' opinions regarding this matter, however I believe a more focused attempt should be made to collate our overall feel for our Faction and address any concerns we may have to the Developers. Individual questions and requests have proven rather fruitless in the past, so perhaps this attempt may bear some results.

I personally feel that our faction is, to put it bluntly, routinely shafted and put to the bottom of the priorities list while other factions receive more Quality-of-Life developments than we ever get. We are first to receive cosmetics (because let's be honest, it's easy) but last in line for anything that makes us perform better. As such, our players (who are generally quite passionate about being an Ork) have gotten used to sub-par mechanics and now statistically perform on average with everyone else. This overall data seems to be influencing the developers' focus more than anything, which apparently is why LSM get all the stuff in advance as they perform poorly overall.

This is my opinion, however I am very interested to see what the rest of my fellow Orks have to say regarding the matter.

adding this for visibility. - batpimp desk.png
  2. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Outside some wonky controls in vehicles and character movement I think we are ok atm tbh. Grenade toss is another point that needs work.
  3. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

You know my views but since I posted it in the founder section I'll post it here as well and vote negative.

Orks issues

- 2 weapon types are missing which are kombi shoota and plasma gun equivalent... Both of which were sold to players during founders. *Spair keys kombi and splash burna*
    - No squig armor
    - No pioneer items
    - Relic looted 'umie bolter hasn't even been started yet
    - All of the models look like they are just thrown together and share so many parts it's bland
    - So few noticeable QOL changes for orks that it has me thrown into full on salt hulk mode
    - The rogue trader items we have gotten don't match the concept art nor do our bronze weapons we got as founders.
    - The very first rogue trader cosmetic that was sold during the founders is laughably inadequate to warrant the cost and that's the looted 'umie armor... It's literally just a chest plate glued to the stock 'eavy armor model with 0 other changes.
    - The Loota still floats when vaulting
    - General lack of polish

This isn't even taking into account that we don't have heroes or the bikes/buggies that were sold in the shop as I'm not counting them as all 4 factions are in the same boat when dealing with them... These are the ork only things... The eldar suffer some of the very bland models with some things such as having helmets that are literally just slight color variations.

Anyway Till we get the majority of these addressed by a dev I'm not going to stop flying around the room I've already flew off the handle about the subject.
  4. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Painboy needs love. Desperately.

Other than that, I am sad how our melee underperforms compared to everyone else (even in this range-dominated meta). Our animations are crap and can't hold the slightest candle to any other faction in speed.

Shooting stuff at least feels fun. But seeing these ramboing Apothecaries instills a growing anger in me as it just keeps emphasizing what we are desperately hurting for.

There just seems to be nothing on the horizon for us. Nothing to look forward to. It wouldn't be hard for the devs to even give a few sentences of encouragement, but instead all we get are vague promises and an unending stream of 'adjustments' in favor of the LSM.
    LordSloth, Houngar and Brutuz like this.
  5. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

I didn't mention the painboy issues because I honestly think that falls under the general lack of polish that orks have... They hurt from the melee animations and also kinda hurt due to just being a janky version of the apoth. But yea devs really need to give some love to orks and stop fondling the SM.
  6. Gazrick Gazrick Well-Known Member

Listen dude; I voted negative, but let's be honest - every player believes that their faction is the hardest done by.

Human nature and all that.

It's between us and the Elves.
    Houngar likes this.
  7. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I won't deny that I am probably painting a darker picture than it is. But we don't really get much on part of the devs to put some light shades on either. Whether due to active neglect or simple incompetence, the end result is the same.
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  8. Gazrick Gazrick Well-Known Member

I think your summary is pretty accurate, but I don't pretend not to be biased lol.

What I would like to see changed, without doubt, is our lack of melee capability that forces us to play as the Tau. We should be rushing at enemies to beat them with our guns, blades and weapons and we should be shooting (in very general terms of course) largely while charging towards said enemy.

No question Painboyz need love. They are incredibly bland and boring to play atm.

My biggest complaint, is not to do with balance, but to do with the feeling of the faction. In that we don't feel particularly Orky to play. We sound, look and have certain Orky things, but we don't play Orky.
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Agreed, we generally play like a reskin of Space Marines as opposed to actual Orks. I feel that the Devs themselves are unsure of how to make us play like Orks without a huge revamp of the faction, which is something they really don't seem to wanna do right now. Resource allocation and whatnot.
  10. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

I'm bias as fuck but at the same time I can easily point and state the orks are getting it worst as they have the most things missing. The eldar issues deal with their launcher and the fact their cosmetics are mostly just recolors. The only weapon type that eldar are missing that was originally planned was the spear since they have the spear relic.... As far as orks goes though they are missing A LOT of stuff and what they do have is generally much lower quality.

Also nathan posted this in the founder section saying the red x is over stuff that isn't in game yet.

[​IMG]

If you notice the splash burna *plasma gun equivalent* and spair keys kombi shoota *kombi shoota* both of which don't even have a base version in game still and when asked why they don't have a red X he completely ignored the question. It's more than just a oversight since he actively went out of his way to post this then ignore questions regarding it. The orks are missing way more than the other 3 factions and I'm not counting heros and bikes and equivalents. The eldar are really only missing 1 weapon type as I said but generally they are much better polished their main thing is balance... They can't seem to find that sweet spot between survival, lethality and mobility for them.