Background Image

[Poll] Dire Avenger Balance

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Philos, May 20, 2017.

?

Do you feel the Dire Avenger is on par with other "tactical" classes.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

I don't fundamentally disagree with your proposed solutions.

The only caveat I have is that the relative EHP of Dire Avengers puts the class under the reasonable reaction threshold of the game given the poor performance of the network and game. Which is to say that DAs die far more to fire after dodging or ducking due to latency. The other Tacticals with higher EHP have much more of a buffer threshold to react to the delayed feed back that often happens in Eternal Crusade.

I think it's a fundamental flaw in the game that they did not design the game mechanics to fit well with the poor general network performance. You can't really have a playable twitch base shooter or a finesse race when people are regularly getting triple digit latency both ways.
    Dragonkindred and Ephaistos like this.
  2. Indeed TTK is too short be youba DA or a possessed marine.
    Rakshasa likes this.
  3. Nosfantor Recruit

Whilst I think Dire Avengers are the worst of the Tactical classes I would advocate for gradual buffs.

150 health really is too low as a baseline, 175 as baseline HP for Eldar is actually reasonable.

Also think that shuriken catapults are in need of more mods including ammo capacity and an extended barrel/CQC barrel equivalent.
  4. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

doesn't do enough damage for how fragile it is, but because of the netcode if you combine good damage and good mobility you become pretty unstoppable. Especially since it seems like everything is hitscan and your only defense is being too wily to mouse over.

I like hitscan. Hitscan and Unreal Engine makes me feel warm inside, although it makes distance an illusion in regards to safety.

I think it would be better to give capture key to more eldar classes since half of them only have one gun or sword to use.
  5. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

The other issue with the DA is the fact that everyone knows to priority target them. When you only have 1 or 2 guys per 7 to 10 guys, they are going to get hammered as soon as they stick their heads up. How many times has every body seen the, "need DA to point ..." in a game? Pretty often. (all though, in some games you do see several together when there is a guild running).
  6. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Nice story but not true. The Impulse inverter mod gives no spread reduction it only trades buffing damage by 10/8% for reducing ROF by 10%.
    This is a net dps loss, especially if you are above 12m. If you hit every shot your magsize would in theory benefit by 10% for 50 LP cause you need less shots fired and do more damage, in reality however it only shaves of 2 bullet from a kill (on a 200/130/130 Marine even with starshard ammo) which means even nearly perfectly hitting (hitratio 90%) you still have to reload after every 2nd kill in both cases. The only upside i will give you is that you might squeeze some extra headshot damage out of it.

Conclusion: This mod does absolutely nothing, especially if you consider the steep pricetag.
  7. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

In the sense that it reduces the rate of fire and thus lessen the effect of the SIPS.
  8. Zaxie Zaxie Arkhona Vanguard

Simply here for support of DA changes. It aint easy being a DA. I've tried out countless builds for the most success, have 2 dedicated veteran spots for them and still gunned down easy. Its a learning curve yes, One that I've mostly gotten down but it still doesn't match well against other tacticals.

One of the biggest issues I find is on defensive maps where a FD is fine and all, but once that tank is dead (assuming you make it back) that fusion isn't effective at anything beyond close range where as a tactical can carry the AV grenades for the tank and a bolter to defend from a window at medium range as well. There are just areas of overlap that other factions can do well where Eldar are stuck in their specialization. Although specialization is at the core of Eldar game play/lore, we need that greater flexibility/more classes to stay balanced/equal but again, different thread/story.

DA's just need a few minor buffs/added items/customization
  9. Oldmannings Recruit

I don't believe DAs are on part with other tactical classes, but other areas of Eldar make up for the deficit in casual play. Because DAs cannot kill opposing players one after another due to their small clip and limited health, it is exceptionally difficult to carry a fight with one, which makes fights in which allies are playing subpar doubly frustrating as a DA.

If the DA had a pistol that was worthwhile to swap to (for clinching a second kill per reload), they would become substantially better without any ehp changes. Even then, I'd hesitate to change anything.
  10. SissehBoi Yuu-tan Subordinate

Netcode wise - to think EC was supposed to be a planetside like game ... ehehe with this netcode that'll be hell.

Anyhow, as for the Dire Avenger, I'ma just describe its feel compared to the LSM Tact.

LSM Tact - Heavy, hulking, powerful, but mobile, and with my sternguard bolter, a force.

DA Tact - Fast, nimble but ... clunky, fragile. The DA will always come out on top if you spot the enemy first and fire first, but if you fire at the sametime, you'll likely to loose.

I'll agree with Eldar having a capture key on more of there classes as a choice, would effectively turn most classes into a 'semi tact' and allow the Eldar to push an cap, however I could also see this becoming abit OP in terms of gameplay.

The reason why LSM can push through, our tactical is very ... uh true to a Space Marine Tactical, they're supposed to be versatile, and they damn well feel it. Perhaps bumping up the damage of the DA's shuri' to 20 would work? we cant bump it upto the same damage as the Bolter as then it would effectively just be a botler with insane rate of fire ... *shudder* please no.