Background Image

[Poll] Dire Avenger Balance

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Philos, May 20, 2017.

?

Do you feel the Dire Avenger is on par with other "tactical" classes.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Unahim Unahim Curator

Doesn't matter. If I, as a Fire Dragon, go destroy a vehicle, and then a minute later I end up on a capture point nearby, I can't cap it. The Melta Tactical can. This is a huge added tactical flexibility, and a scenario that happens to me constantly. I'll be a Fire Dragon on the point, no DA nearby, gg.

What is "tactical warlock" supposed to mean? They're like apothecaries, not like tacticals. And they can't cap. So?
    Dragonkindred, Utherix and Sily like this.
  2. MannDeus Recruit

What little eldar I have played, I have noticed one thing. Eldars lack the staying power to push through choke. Marines and orks can steadily push and break through ranks, eldar cannot. This is alright when maps allows Eldar to use their mobility to keep on attacking from new angles and disrupt killboxes

But there are maps and objectives that can be so well fortified that Eldar just can't take them. Perhaps Eldar need more trickery instead of pure power for that, something like their grenades actually being wortwhile.

Maybe make Eldars the grenade faction? Make their frag have bigger aoe, that way they atleast have a way to flush out all those heavy weapons out of cover and with expert timing, get those nimble space elves to hurt.

Also, Banshees definitiely need their scream to be AOE..
    Dragonkindred and Sily like this.
  3. Ephron Ephron Cipher

This is more then likely not the right place but,could the protect spell eldar have be a shield instead of a buff. an actual barrier that stops incoming fire allowing for moving cover.
    Utherix likes this.
  4. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

It's not even worth engaging in a dialogue with you at this point. You just keep making the same useless points over and over in every thread. It's not constructive. Most people here can see that. My advice to anyone is to ignore omnislashmaster Slird.
    Roon likes this.
  5. Mileena Mileena Subordinate

how about runes on the 2nd slot, choose among
    1.) sacrificing (armor regen speed) for some ehp
    2.) sacrificing (stamina regen speed) for some ehp
    3.) sacrificing (move speed) for some ehp

but need drum mag for asc and tlasc
    Utherix and Sily like this.
  6. Slird Slird Active Member

It is because your faction have lack of DA in most cases. Nobody wants to play main unit because nobody wants to be support. And, in right course of game point will be guarded.
    Warlocks have variety of tools while DA have not. I mean tactical flexibility.
  7. Slird Slird Active Member

You make no arguments against, only crying. You free to ignore me, because I talk to people who want to find solutions, not only cry around.
  8. ->
  9. Unahim Unahim Curator

Variety of tools? Not really. They're always melee, have about the same number (counting useful ones) of healing/support troops as an apothecary, but unlike an apothecary they can not get weapons that are effective beyond pistol ranges.

If Warlocks have "tactical flexibility", then Apothecaries are clearly tactical flexibility wizkids.
  10. Trashed Recruit

Biggest thing about that push choke point is that eldar need way more teamwork, a number of warlocks with protect,heals,jinx or enhance. Dire's who can kill with headshots (or else it takes 3/4 a clip or something to kill), maybe sneak in a scorpion to disrupt backline. we have to rely so much on warlocks with different loadouts to make up for everything lol.

in terms of the grenade faction - thats pretty much the tempest launcher for the reaper... the only big hitting weapon that can clear out a corner through the healing nades and such.

Also, Banshee scream is line of sight AOE and seems like it goes a good distance if all you're looking to do is debuff/distract.