Background Image

[Poll] Dire Avenger Balance

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Philos, May 20, 2017.

?

Do you feel the Dire Avenger is on par with other "tactical" classes.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PhilosAzel Philos Ordinate

I am just wondering how the Eldar player based feels about our Dire Avenger, and if people think it is on par with other "tactical" equivalent classes.
    Paeyvn likes this.
  2. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

It really isnt. I can get the job done but takes much more effort. It needs more hp or armor. The gun sucks in anything but cqc where even then its barely on par with unmoded bolters. The biggest problem is the implementation of the whole eldar thing. Makeing them be squishy and fast for hit and run like type of warfare isnt good in a game where the 3 other factions are static or semi mobile bunkers. Makeing them akin smei moblie bunkers takes away the whole eldar flavor and even then they are constrained by their gear which is for hit and run. Trying to get this right where they both are semi balanced and hold their flavor is dam near impossible.

DA needs better armor or hp not as much as the other factions but more then current (how much exgatly is a blance night mare). Their guns either need to be changed drasticly (CQC is best range form them which shits on flavor of orks being best at that range) or they need a new unlore gun (which shits on too many opinions and shit to count). Or they need more speed increased (which shits on players with bad pc/ ping). Their aspect warrior armor needs to be buffed a lot more so its a better option.
    Durash, Paeyvn and Sily like this.
  3. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Yes, but barely.

Enhance is what completes them as Tactical equivalents.
    Sily likes this.
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

IF I were to make a suggestion.

Maybe reduce damage on ASC but increase headshot multiplier. To represent Bladestorm and make Eldar a more skill based faction.
    Trashed likes this.
  5. Yvelfir Yvelfir Arkhona Vanguard

Out of all tactical equivalents the DA is my least favourite, simply because I need to be the one to choose my fight and end it before they react in every scenario. Against any competent player, you'll lose every single straight up firefight if you both spot each other and open up.

So what you're actually saying is "No". Needing another class to buff them to perform at the same level as other equivalents doesn't make them balanced, it makes them inferior.

This is further punishment for newcomers that aren't god tier shooters, DA already take longer to kill others and this would be pushing them away from the Eldar as a main faction even more.
    Durash, The_Revelator, Sily and 4 others like this.
  6. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Ye BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT having them being equal to a tactical and then having Enhance as a buff would make them OP.

Enhance is the problem here.

As for point 2, we are already the hardest faction, why not go hardcore?
  7. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

No they really end up as an inferior MoS traitor with better fashion sense, they suck at range and have longer TTK vs practically everyone most of the time, they lack decent multi kill potential and get no way to increase DPS at close rage, when the knife nerfs roll in they will also be more fragile at the range they are meant to be the best at.

Some good changes
    • Make ASC have 100 round mag, TLSC have 150 sized mag by default with no way to increase it
    • Make impulse generator also increase weapon range
    • Make shuriken pistol do the same damage per shot as a ASC
    This would give DA more sustain fire and with impulse perhaps make a nice medium range weapon when combined with starshard and scope, it would also make his backup weapon semi handy instead of 50lp down the drain.

CQC this does little except allow for better multi kills, but hey that could be handy
    Sily, KorgasTheReforged and Eldritch like this.
  8. Yvelfir Yvelfir Arkhona Vanguard

I don't know why everyone keeps bringing up different faction mechanics in discussions about specific classes. Other equivalents would still be tougher, higher health, higher armour, higher toughness and their own faction specific buffs and debuffs. Enhance can be tweaked if it proves to be too strong after any changes. But again, this discussion is about Dire Avengers and just that. Not Warlocks.

Eldar are already the smallest faction, why make them even smaller?
    The_Revelator and Dragonkindred like this.
  9. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

I agree, though I can't openly post this. If I do I get called a biased little shit.
  10. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Because the last time you twats did that you BIRTHED A HERM STD FILLED CHAOS GOD. Also i suck getting HS , was always told for body so its become a habbit. Thing is you dont need them to be equal, just need them to be enoufgh to hold some ground aginst other equivalents and you can also nerf enhance a bit so that with it it provides some edge but not enoufgh to be OP but without it the DA can fight almost toe to toe but will lose if not carefull/lucky. ATM its just too borked. Also trying to blance all that to get is right hahaha gl.
    The_Revelator likes this.