Background Image

Please stop quitting after triple caps.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MungFuSensei, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Trashed Recruit

Most of the time, half the team leaves...then half of the rest just stop trying. Try not to get too worked up over it... probably the worst with LSM because of newer players.
  2. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

Which is the purpose of this post, to stop it from happening. That way I won't have to get worked up about it. And it's not just that I'm worried about it happening on my team, I don't like seeing it happen on the enemy team either. When I see an enemy team start to swing back from a triple cap, I get excited, because I know the match will actually be a challenge. If a match doesn't come down to the last few seconds, one side simply wasn't fighting hard enough. When it does come down to the last few seconds, win or lose, each side is having fun. That's infinitely more important towards the health of the game.
    Sumshine and Trashed like this.
  3. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

As I said in another reply, I've seen this behavior in guilded players who should know better, and guilded players have a higher likelihood of browsing the forums. Also we have a small influx of new players, some of which have already shown up here.

On top of that, in this and the previous thread we have people admitting to this behavior, right here, in the forums.

And even after all that, if I'm still preaching to the choir, maybe it'll get some people using voip saying "hey, if we lose this point, don't quit, I got a plan", instead of passively letting the team fall apart.
    Slough_Monster and Sumshine like this.
  4. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Follow me and witness what the PC can do!
    Ream likes this.
  5. @MungFuSensei That actually reminds me of one of my favorite pug matches against a more guilded team. We had a couple guilded people on ours that were individually much better players than I am (going by kills; and I think one of them was leading more than I was as well. Usually when that happens I start reporting instead of commanding). We got 3 capped and ended up losing by 30 seconds or something because those better players gave up when we lost our third point and the opponents got the time. They both came back in the game right before the enemy won, and complimented our team on holding out that long. I was pretty salty that we would've won if they had stayed, but I didn't say anything about it. It was still a great/fun match.
    MungFuSensei likes this.
  6. Kap'in Skullbitz Ream New Member

Thank you, I am so sick of people not understanding how to counter a 3 point cap, it's not hard...
    MungFuSensei likes this.
  7. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

[Asheru edit] Do not post images with player names in them its the same as calling someone out on the forums and is a no no.

*ehem* So back to what I was saying about guilded players...
  8. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Ninja Asheru strikes again.
  9. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

Calling out Asheru publicly on the forums for blackmailing innocent Loyalist players.
    Asheru blackmails an unsuspecting loyalist.png

As for the topic, I restate my opinion that you should never quit out. That ruins the game for your teammates, and even guild stacks are beatable once you realize a guild is just a group of pubs that talk to each other.

Failing that you can just kill a prominent player and cap a screenshot of you executing them, then post it on the forums and say you tried.
    Cplex and DrMauf like this.
  10. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Well, time they gave you the proper Angry Marines power weapon:
    [​IMG]