Background Image

Please fix respawns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RageScreama, Feb 18, 2017.

1. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Naw dog that's just al the factions using their newly discoursed mini portable teleporters they discovered on arkhona
  2. Alb - Alb Alb Steam Early Access

I thought they just kill themselves with their pistol. Or is that the portable teleporter?

Redeploy talk:
    I'm not joining this circlejerk.We should NOT remove it. It is an absolutely necessary qol feature. I mean, what if you legitimately get your character STUCK somewhere that you can't get out of? It's happened to me. I suppose there's always the exit game button...

So how about this, 2 ideas of mine, keep redeploy in both:
    1) when you redeploy, you can only respawn at the closest spawn from where you redeployed.
    2) currently respawn occurs every 15 seconds? How about we increase it? Maybe increase it some more for redeployers?

Also, I'm just going to say that I think this is just a perceived problem.
  3. It should simply have such a long cooldown that players do not find convenient to use it unless it's strictly necessary.
  4. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

I've lost track of the amount of times I've waited 15-20 seconds for the re-spawn timer to get to zero.

Upon doing so then waiting another 20 to 40 seconds.

Having now waited lets say 20 + 40 seconds (a whole minute to re-spawn) that all important cap point is all but taken where as if I'd had that extra 40 seconds I might have done something about it.

Its almost as frustrating as spawning your Vet into a Rhino, exiting and being frozen to the ground, forced to re-spawn and wait that whole god damned minute again having lost your only Vet ticket for no good reason other than due to the Rhino exit freeze error.

:CSMWord:
  5. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Try opening and closing the chat window ehn you get stuck. There is a bug with chat and respawns that robs you of control until you re open the chat dialogue.
    Thraxus likes this.
  6. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

lmao really? thats all I need to do? sweet I'll try that thanks.
  7. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I think I agree with the removal of redeploy.

More power and importance to the team use of transports. More weight on the tactical decision of where to spawn and where to go, moment to moment.

Anyone put this on feature request yet?
  8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I really like it when I redeploy my lascannon havoc though when a SH finds me. The satisfaction of watching them knife through me as I collapse with my strings cut is too much.
  9. Solutions to redeployment we've had over and over on the forum:

- Deactivate redeployment (sucks if stuck)
    - Increase respawn time for redeployment
    - Increase respawn time gradiently for redeployment
    - Negative score for redeployment
    - Spawn only to nearest point

And most importantly, add some kinda kill animation (suicide for chaos, rokk to the head for orks, warp shenanigans for eldar, idk for SM) so people don't just drop dead.

There is also an entry on the feature request page (please vote).
  10. I don't like the redeploy function but the problem is that I don't want the game to be even more dependent on transports than it already is. I think the problem with redeploy is caused by game/map design rather than the redeploy function itself.

The capture points means that each map generally has huge areas of land that are barely used for most part of the game. They're never fought over, they're just a huge barrier between you and the place you want to go. I would argue that because there are only 3 places of importance on each map generally the maps are actually too big for the number of players that are on them. Coupled with the fact that you are asking one side to defend places that no-one in their right mind would consider easily defensible then the defenders have no choice but to play whack-a-mole.

This game/map design means that redeploy is abused because there are no realistic alternatives, even if you're at one point, your transports can only generally be deployed from somewhere else so you need to redeploy if one is available.

The map where I see redeploy used less often is Olipsis as its possible to move between points quickly enough on foot.

TL;DR

Fix redeploy issues by either reducing travel time between points (smaller maps) or by increasing the number of players in the maps.