Background Image

Please fix respawns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RageScreama, Feb 18, 2017.

1. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

The clock is buggy as heck. I have had way too many times where the waiting to deploy symbol is on my screen for way longer than it should be. Happens a lot especially if you change your mind last minute and back up to pick a new point to deploy to. This kind of thing is aggravating beyond all belief!
  2. Jack9 Recruit

Respawns occur every 15 seconds. The client sometimes things it's a few seconds before or after. This results in a number of desync issues. The basic example, is when you redeploy and the client thought there was 3 seconds before respawn, but the server doesn't get the request until the 15 seconds mark and thinks you have to wait 15 seconds. So the loading circle sits there for a long-ass time until you finally spawn (you can resquad/reloadout etc in the meantime). Another example is when your clock shows 5:32 and you redeploy. What if the client thinks it's 3:32 and you redeploy but the server says it's 3:35 - you get a loading circle for those extra 3 seconds after the timer counts down. It's all very jenky.
    Alb and DAG42 like this.
  3. Btw we should open a serious discussion about Redeploy. That thing should be completely removed: on the small maps we have it can easily be abused.
    It took 3 years to explain Daybreak what a huge issue that was in Planetside. Let's see if Bhvr learns faster.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  4. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I don't mind it when it works. Its those long respawns though that really get me. Especially when I should respawn and it derps out then on the extra time the point starts getting capped and I pop up a mile away from the point.
  5. Shiani Brujah Preacher

We don't want people suiciding though, which is the simple alternative to a redeploy. There would need to be a relatively easy way to get where you want to go, otherwise people will use whatever means is the fastest. There's nothing quite like getting caught in no-mans land defending a ticketed match. The long run to the action is not fun.

6. This 100%.

The timer bugging out is annoying as hell though.
  7. From what I've heard, they're adding respawn punishments. The more times you die, the longer it takes to respawn.
  8. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

That's already in ya grot.
  9. That's why vehicles are in the game.
    Redeploy should have a very long cooldown so players would only use it if they get stuck somewhere.

Right now we are in the ridiculous situation where people in need to resecure just stop, collapse to the ground then pops up somewhere else.

That also harms the immersion. Sometimes you know your enemies are in a certain building so you prepare a defensive line in a certain direction and cover the doors from where you expect them to come... but they come instead from another direction for the simple reason they teleported right behind your back.
    That's totally idiotic.
    Brujah likes this.
  10. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I agree, it just needs a considered approach to changing it.