Background Image

Please Add The Tau Empire

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by arminen, Oct 19, 2013.

?

Do you want Tau Empire as a playable race?

1. Yes

204 vote(s)
    77.9%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Who the heck are Tau?

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. I hate everything you like.

22 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. Know that. Dark Eldar are still really quite uninteresting.
  2. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Space Marines are uninteresting. I mean, "geneseeds" and all that baldness? Those stupid shoulders? "Super-humans"?

They look so much like clones from Star Wars.

They are so dull and quite boring.

And their fluff? So unimaginative and pointless.
    And Chaos Space Marines? Now that's just hilarious, you get space marines and you add chaos to them!
    [/sarcasm]
  3. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

Its personnal opinions and flavor and it is a thing that should not be discussed seriously.
    There is a chance of me going Ork while waiting for Tau or BT.
    Those meganobs look sexy.
  4. Bu'losh 'Eadcraka Bulosh Active Member

Even though Tau are my absolute favorite race in Warhammer 40k lore, I have to say, "no" to this.

A 4-faction war is hard enough. Hell, even Planetside 2 can barely manage 3 factions, but 5?

No thanks.
  5. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

That is a good point, but I would believe that it can be solved with more places than Arkhona, and multiple battlefields. More servers, too.
  6. Bu'losh 'Eadcraka Bulosh Active Member

The issue with it has nothing to do with landmass, but how much you're splitting up the playerbase. Adding more servers just makes that issue a whole lot worse.

You will also have issues where one faction has drastically less players than others and be on a horrible numbers disadvantage. That will already be an issue with this game, I'm sure.

I'm certain that most players will not want to play Eldar. Because of that, they will have a numbers disadvantage when it comes to PvP, which will snowball because less people will want to play Eldar because of that as well, and switch factions.

One way to alleviate this issue is to have a megaserver. Literally every single player on one giant server. That way, no faction will feel like it's barren.
  7. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

And if they dont add Tau which I sincerely believe they wont aswell the game will lose my interest quite quickly.
    But the team is full of promises. And while sometimes i get carried by my own wishlisting i know they will fail in many aspects of the game.
    And seriously I am unable to believe that if someone as a favourite faction last thing it will do is not wanting to see it in game. That is BS. And no its not balistic skill. ;)
  8. Bu'losh 'Eadcraka Bulosh Active Member

It's one thing to want it. If it were up to me, the Eldar would be replaced by the Tau. However having too many factions would very well be more of a detriment than an asset.
    Sete likes this.
  9. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

I agree with you on that. And it is one thing I already brought up on other threads...
  10. Rasczak Rasczak Subordinate

I definitely would like to see the Tau. IG vs Tau fights are always a lot of fun, as long as you like shooting. :D