Background Image

Plague Marines Cut Off from The Warp

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by nealbulldozer, Apr 13, 2016.

1. I have been wondering lately. If the death guard were to be cut off from the warp will the toxins in them kill them or will it stay. I ask this because in the past obliterators have fought entire hive fleets yet they don't return to the people they once were.
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Thats an interesting query, id say no, similarly how those already mutated by Chaos wont suddenly lose them or die to them if theres smaller warp presence.

Im Liber Nurgle and a bit in the Tome of Decay the relation between a Nurgleite and the diseases is described in some detail. Basically the Nurgleite himself is "healthy" for he is the host of these diseases, these viruses and diseases gain nothing from killing their host, its sort of a symbiotic relationship. So if a plague marine was to be sat in a middle of a shadow in the warp it would probably just be another day of killing in Nurgles name.
    nealbulldozer likes this.
  3. Thank you brother I never thought about it in that way.
  4. Krokilla Krokilla First Blood!

@Djemo-SRB you know I've always been curious about this.. Do plague marines actually help against a Tyranid invasion? I thought Tyranids had such adaptable immune systems that whatever plague Papa Nurgs could throw out them would just be wasted.. So would plague marines provide any tactical aid, other then just being really hard to kill?
  5. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Another interesting query. The only place in lore i recall a clash of Nurgle and Nids was Shadowbrink, and there it didnt seem to help much, to quote the page:

"All of Nurgles diseases were ineffective in the face of Tyranid adaptation."

Then again like all lore its subject to bias and whatnot. They probably could wreak havoc, but it would be short lived cause the Nids could quickly adapt, so their main strength would be their durability. Plus if the Nids would wish to engage such a foe, even if they win thats just a load of tainted and wretched biomass that they may or may not be able to use at all, so they might avoid each other in the first place.\

Though it would certainly be fun to see:

[​IMG]
  6. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Plot twist: after finding the Tyranids, Nurgle grows tired of Isha.
    DrDooManiC and Brujah like this.