Background Image

Personal Goals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Nether Nether Master

Accomplishing X Squad leader goals
    -promotes teamwork

Driver XP
    -gives incentive for a driver to stay with a vehicle

Vehicles survival XP at critical points (keeping a vehicle alive while within X meters of an uncaptured point

Holding defensive points for X amount of time

Enemies spotted with Q

Matches completed with 0 teamkills

X damage done to fortress gates
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  2. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Ooh, here's one. Use Voice chat in X matches.
  3. Bonus Objective: Send something other than static and screaming through your microphone.
    Fryskar, Njord-Halfhand and Sumshine like this.
  4. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

Sumshine likes this.
  5. LOL.

6. Good one!
  7. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

• X Manual revivals for all non-support classes. Encourage attentiveness to team-mates and teach people to revive their wounded.
    • X Narthecium/Psychic-power revivals for supports. Get supports using their revival tools and stop them from manually reviving.
    • Participate in X kills on a currently-owned obejctive or near a friendly transport. No need for killing blows. Encourage some players to defend transports and objectives once captured.
    • Participate in X objective captures. Just be in close proximity to the one capturing the objective. Encourage assisting and defending the tacticals as they push objectives.
    • Participate in X vehicle kills. Does not require the killing blow. As long as you deal any sort of damage to the vehicle, you get rewarded. Encourage teams to work together to destroy vehicles.
    Participation creates a sense of teamwork. If your team-mate gets a killing blow or capture and you get to share in the rewards together, you feel good about your team-mates and you feel good about working together to achieve that objective.

Revivals need to be the exception because players need to be rewarded for noticing a downed ally and going out of their way to help them. It's nonsense to reward a player for a nearby revival if they aren't even aware of the downed ally.
  8. Sily Sily Firebrand

Don't ya worry qt, we're still laughing. :D
    You want someone to grind in a third person match-based shooter for months? To get veterans and to get competitive? Gods, man! Whatever powder you're on, I want some too. That would make the game even more unbalanced than it is now between new players and veterans. - Imho, everything should be unlocked save for cosmetics, that's what the loadout point cap is for, to keep balance in the game.
  9. Fryskar Fryskar Active Member

But it some kind of tradition to me. If the match is almost over i sneak (or walk, as he won't see it coming) to any ally, prefered a group, pull out my nade and hold G until the match is over. Then as it ends it auto releases and i say you in an orky way goodbye.

Goalwise many listed did sound good. Make a few rotating dayly or weekly and some longtime goals.
    You could even make serval difficulties, like "basic" kill in a single match 10 enemies. Or get 5 headshotkills. Might make it hard, like get 10 kills with the skip in a single match. Or kill 3 or more enemies with a single attack (nades count too).
    But i have not really any easy to make reward which is not RTC.
  10. Shiani Brujah Preacher

If physical rewards are beyond the scope of the developers for now, then titles and nicknames would be a decent starting point.

Even if it's only your teammates and your kills that can see it, it's still good bragging rights. And if you give people a bit of control on how it's displayed, that would be nice.

So, for instance *Get 20 assists and 10 revives* could unlock "The Saviour".
    I could then have:

Shiani "The Saviour"

or,

"The Saviour" Shiani

Or some such.

If I had two names (I don't know if that's possible), I could have;

Shiani "The Saviour" Knifeear
    Njord-Halfhand and Doomness1000 like this.