Background Image

Persistant World?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, Sep 29, 2016.

1. On the Steam-news Nathan stated that they still have the most persistant world of all
    (or something like that, can't find the post right now to be honest)

In my book, persistant world meant something like, what you do has some kind of influence in the Gameworld.
    Translated the word means that nothing is going to change after all but stays... persistent (But why the hell you would advertise this?)

Slowly but surley i realize that i don't seem to know what persistant world means... :D

So, could someone enlighten me?
    What does it really mean?
  2. Dharchaon81 Dharchaon81 Arkhona Vanguard

It should describe the movement of borders on the known "world-map" after conquering a map.
    Imo this was the basic idea.
    Read yesterday something about adjustments in the next patch for the world map.
    (not sure, but there were patch-notes on Steam, dated 28th of September)

For me personally I would like to see destroyed walls or buildings, which remain destroyed, on the maps.
    But this was not intended and it is not in there.
    Sounds cool to me. It could reset after server restarts. (just an idea)
    This is what I call "persistant" and of course conquering the enemies ground.
  3. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

You want a bE-nglish to English translation.. Hang on, let me just look that up in my barely Houman guide to post customer relations.

Persistent - Not reset after each match.
    World - A map that has little to no relation to the actual game environment and which serves as a simplified scoreboard.
    MMO - More than 40 players in a match
    Unique - Anything with a slight stat difference.

Hope that helps. :rolleyes:
  4. Ærthe Aerthes First Blood!