Background Image

Performance tips and base knowledge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrocoFred, Sep 28, 2016.

1. I think i should mention the below should a dev find it usefull. I recently bought a watercooler and went on overclocking my system.
    i5 4690K
    16GB gskill ares 2400Hz
    asus Z97 pro gamer mobo
    gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming

Before overclocking i was at around 40-50 fps on ultra high
    after installing my watercooler i went through the Mobo's eztunner wizzard to Overclock my system automatically. CPU turbo speed was pushed from 3.5 GHz to 4,58GHz the ram was pushed a bit over 2400Hz.
    I now get 80-100 fps (like double) with the same graphics cards. CPU temperature with the standard cooler was peaking at 74 celcius degrees before the overclock and with the watercooler after the overcloack at 50 celcius degrees.
    I know everyong is gonna rush and say that my cpu bottlenecked my gpu card all this time but i must inform you that i run 3dMark before overclocking and my graphics card performed within 85% of all the other 1070GTX (18k graphics score) and still performs up to that after the Overclock.
    FYI ;)
    at your disposal should you require more details. Optimizing the game is very important if we wish for more people to join
    Catnium and Dolf like this.
  2. Dolf Dolf Preacher

Nice OC, how stable it is?
  3. Sorenth Recruit

I don't even understand how I could go from no FPS issues on Ultra settings in Early Access to slideshow presentation performance regardless of my settings now. :|
    xxxNoobSlayeRxxx likes this.
  4. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

HUGE EDIT!!: Turns out the issue was on my end. All needed to do was turn off the bloody router for 10 seconds and back and after all the rubber banding vanished! Game runs smooth as anything again now. Feel like such an idiot. :rolleyes:
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

The software itself changed, and the new version causes more performance issues than the old version did.
    Gazrick likes this.
  6. Mozzer Recruit

Have to be honest, the choppyness on Fortress maps is NOT FPS related for me!

I get 60 - 70 FPS from shadowplay at all times, game is STILL choppy as fuck.

Any ideas?
    xxxNoobSlayeRxxx likes this.
  7. So, this game still needs serious optimization. Though, considering its abysmal concurrent player counts, I can't imagine anything more is going to happen with this game.

Are there any launch options that can be used?

FX-8350, 16GB RAM, and a 1070, can't get more than 60 fps when there's a lot of action in multiplayer. (Horde mode is fine though)
  8. Teshkomije Teshkomije Active Member

Disable the big maps from options and try the 20v20 and 30 v 30, the game is unoptimized and is a bit CPU bound and you'r cpu is slightly old.
  9. Gilgamesh xxxNoobSlayeRxxx Steam Early Access

The game is lagging and even crashing often this Saturday's evening, making it almost unplayable -.- There was all ok yesterday though (wekk, almost ok - there was some lags and choppiness too, but not so critical). I've tried to reboot PC and router - not helped
  10. Iskarioth Recruit

I could use some help aswell: I don't know if it's the latest patch that caused it, but on snow maps ( fortress?) I get some aweful FPS drops and a lot of micro stutter. It's barely playable sometimes, like 23 FPS bad. It flips between 60-50 normally and then I spawn on the "wrong" map and suddenly they take a nose-dive.
    My system can run games like for honor on max with 60 FPS oO. Just bought a new GPU aswell...

i5-4690k @3.50ghz on an Asrock 97 pro with a geforce 1060 6 GB

Brand new GPU für 250€ and a FTP shooter with less frames than it takes to actually stand a chance. Not cool :(