Background Image

Patch Notes 1.8.10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, May 31, 2018.

1. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Ehm no . the bot starts as a total noob not knowing a thing about the game its supposed to play . than plays multiple matches against it self at a rate humans cant even comprehend .. and with in a few weeks its basically a god based on learned behavior.

No pathing .. no hard coding rules or game mechanic's or even meta's non of that.
    The biggest challenge would probably be to set up the bot with the correct guidelines to allow it to adapt to human players skill lvl in the pv environment so the bot functions as a challenging opponent controlling the ai swarm of nids instead of a soul crushing winning machine applying swarm strategies that are well above the capabilities of human players to handle.

basically the bot would need to be able to allow the players to win without making it to easy for the human opponents so the human players could fail if they fuck up.

Ai like this is gonna be the future of gaming ai.. coz it solves most of the hard problems like propper pathing and such by it self.

You just need to teach it mercy for us simple humans..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92tn67YDXg0
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

Ai that def the cap area after capturing point

or siege battle def the point(and brainless Ai helping allies kill the enemies like in real battles)
  3. If only we had a lot of weapons and armour as nice as that...
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

are they even a master craft weapon or a regular one that's the question
  5. Looking good, lots of players... however, I just got one map for the first time (i think) last night with the crystal caves and not very detailed. Is that a new map that looks unfinished or an old one that needs reworked? I like the rest of the maps for the most part, but that one really needs some help.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Promethium Mine was taken out of the rotation for a while because there was too much spawncamping (and camping in general, really). It is now mostly fine, still almost impossible to come back from a threecap for the defender but that applies to most maps(an actual threecap, not losing all, three points).
    The map still has it's flaws but it is not really any worse than others.
  7. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Eldar got the short end of the staff again, everyone gets an ranged weapon eldar gets a painted chainsword(which isnt even a lashsword) :(

P.S. Promethium Mine is still shit as ever.
    Xi0 and Data8671 like this.
  8. Hmm, don't know... I like all the other maps a whole lot better, and I usually don't care about having weird maps as long as there's some variety. If nothing else, it at least needs a lot more details added to the environment. It's really bland compared to the others.
  9. Have you seen carmine ascent?