Background Image

Outcast Ranger

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Konok0, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Shiani Brujah Preacher

It's true. The RTC Scorpion Chainsword is much better than the Lashsword.
    Boahwaji likes this.
  2. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

I would guess that they are simply updating the UAT more frequently, including very unfinished stuff.

Perhaps this is because of Jordan's tests and wanting the most recent version to be played to make sure nothing unexpected explodes?

Perhaps they wanted the Kommando's stealth tested in the aforementioned test and they simply added the placeholders for the other Heroes in the same update?

There are many possibilities, but the simple fact is that we don't know and they probably won't tell us because explaining why placeholders were added to a test server is a waste of dev time.
  3. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Doesn't mean we can't muse about it on the forums though. Or apparently it does, since we get complained at for doing so by other forum users.
  4. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

I'm not complaining at you for 'musing', I have offered you several possible explanations and expressed my suspicion that the developer working on the practical side of the heroes is not a frequent visitor to the forums, so you'll never get an official answer, nor should you as they are clearly placeholders and their presence on a test server should not come as a surprise nor need any explanation.

When you ask "What, exactly, are they testing on them?" would a developer response saying "Nothing yet, they're just placeholders." put your mind at ease? 'cause that honestly is the answer right now.

Muse away, just don't be like some of the posters earlier in the thread complaining that the placeholder model doesn't match the concept art, and the placeholder weapon isn't a sniper rifle.

Edit: Here's probably the closest thing you'll find to an official explanation as to why the placeholder Heroes are on the UAT.
    Sily and Brujah like this.
  5. Better to make sure there is a smooth release than Mass Effect Andromeda.
  6. Avallac Avallac Arkhona Vanguard

Smooth release in EC... that'd be a first.

But eh, this time they still gave themselves 2 more months, and they only need to implement four classes that will be deployed sporadically at best and only by a limited number of players, so any bugs and imbalances should be less noticeable/jarring - unless one/some of these classes will prove be almost immortal and able to carry whole teams to victory... Not completely out of the question, I admit.

But I'm still *relatively* optimistic. There is a slight chance that everything will go *relatively* smoothly with that particular feature.
  7. DevilfishJack Steam Early Access

If the Dark Reapers are any indication, the rangers will be bizarrely gimped. I don't know how, but they won't work like in the lore and it will go unfixed for months.
    Iyan, Warriant, Dragonkindred and 2 others like this.
  8. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Simple they can carry sniper rifle and cloak but can only attack with knife every time they try to use sniper rifle they crash muahha or every time they use the rifle they take damage instead of enemy muahha
  9. Phyrak Phyrak Cipher

Perhaps only fire whilst visable?
  10. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

If this thread is anything to go by, then the scout will have a weapon that is half the strength of a Stalker Bolter and less health than any other class in the game....