Background Image

Orky Tim'! Which Clan Do You Prefer In Eternal Crusade? (poll)

Discussion in 'Orks' started by GitzStompa, Oct 18, 2013.

?

Which Clan iz da biggest,meanest,baddest and da strongest and why?

1. Goffs

28.9%
  2. Bad Moonz

24.1%
  3. Death Skullz

26.8%
  4. Evil Sunz

25.5%
  5. Blood Axes (bloody gitz :() )

5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nope. its simply an MMOTPS. also, read jolpo's comment.
    CrazyCanadian24 likes this.
  2. Makeka Makeka Arkhona Vanguard

When I decide to try out orks it will be the bad moons, why?
    Because their subfaction bonus is getting mad $$$$$$$$$, thus giving access to the best dakka teeth can buy.
  3. CrazyCanadian24 CrazyCanadian24 Well-Known Member

Who says your character is changing class? Your "character" will be little more than a nametag tacked onto an otherwise generic soldier from what I understand, and unless you can prove me wrong, you can stop crying about class swapping.

No, it isn't. "MMO" is a prefix that can be attached to anything, indicating that the game in question is primarly focused on online multiplayer aspects - in this case, EC will be a MMOTPS (Massively Multiplayer Online Third Person Shooter). If it was supposed to be an MMORPG, it would be called an MMORPG.

What the fuck are you on about? Just because something isn't an RPG doesn't mean it can't have any lore behind it, you bawld fewhel.

Then you're seeing it the wrong way. Class switching and the like are standard-issue MMOFPS/TPS mechanics, and EC wouldn't be one without them. Do you really think Planetside 2 would work without the ability to swap classes on-the-fly? Of course it wouldn't. And since EC is drawing inspiration from PS2 for general battle and combat mechanics, it stands to reason that it will have to have a similar system. If you don't like it, that's your problem, not mine or the devs'.

As I said, the characters themselves won't be swapping classes as far as lore goes, thus rendering everything you've said here moot.
  4. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

You know, I'm bringing up points about the game that are bothering me, there is no need for flames and insults, we can discuss things without acting like children, I don't remember insulting anyone at all Crazycanadian24.....
  5. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

On TT you are controlling the army as a whole, each unit is individual with it's own skill set.

In this setting you're gaining XP on a character to unlock skills and weapons, to my mind if you're not playing a character but are simply controlling different units, then you may as well use that XP to unlock thing in different factions as well to make swapping to them easier. [Shrug].

I think the problem here is that on one hand it's considered a MMOTPS game and everyone is happy with switching around, swapping classes and the style of game play, which I can get behind, then you have 20 forum pages long about why Imperial Guard cannot be included because there is no reason in lore for them to fight Marine chapters, which to me are simply RPG arguments that get in the way of game play.

The forums can't seem to decide which way they want it.
  6. CrazyCanadian24 CrazyCanadian24 Well-Known Member

Flames? Insults? Acting like a child? I only recall being guilty of insults when I called you out on this:

Even then, it was more of a "hey, do you even know what you're talking about here?" than an outright insult.
    Grall Stonefist likes this.
  7. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

Not exactly what I would call entering into a civil discussion with your 1st post on this thread. Maybe it wasn't intended that way, but it comes across as childish and deliberately antagonistic with veiled insults and frankly I don't see any need for it.
  8. CrazyCanadian24 CrazyCanadian24 Well-Known Member

I don't see any need to complain about something that's going to be in the game regardless of anyone's thoughts on it, but I guess that's just me.
  9. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

I was simply discussing it, as there are several people on the forums with the same view points, I'm also waiting on more information on how the class setups will be, what the unlocks will be, if the classes have unique skill unlocks or if it is a simple case of swapping loadout and you're a new class, if the class skills (if they are unique) will take long enough to earn that there is an adavantage to specializing as opposed to spreading your XP over multiple class unlocks.

There are a lot of questions to be answered, and some of them if they fall in the right direction will allow me to play the way I want without changing the way the game is played for anyone else.

I just wanted to edit this to point out one of the reasons I keep calling it an MMORPG is this:

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/#

It's on the front page of the website......
  10. WaZdaKka New Member

I like goff because they go close combat I like going sneaky but since there are no blood axes