Background Image

Orks And Chaos Gods

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Achrdili, May 29, 2014.

1. Achrdili Achrdili Prefectus

I know that orks worship Gork and Mork and they exist only because of their belief but does that mean orks can not worship chaos gods? especially Khrone, he is god of war. I haven't seen any chaos worshiping orks. are there any and do orks have any knowledge of chaos gods?
  2. cancer RobotElectroJones Well-Known Member

I remember reading somewhere that someone made some fluff about Orks that somehow got corrupted by Nurgle.
    [​IMG]
    This looks pretty legit, and if you look closely you can see Nurgle's symbol on the Orks here.
  3. Achrdili Achrdili Prefectus

4. In more recent editions they have been built up to have a high resistance to Chaotic influence, either from possession or more normal means. It might even be an outright immunity if some sources are to be believed.
  5. Achrdili Achrdili Prefectus

and how was it in older editions?
  6. Khanistrello Forum Beta Tester

Khornate Orks existed i think its in the second edition Ork Dex or Ere we go!! if i remember right its just a very tiny one paragraph piece

Correction its in Waaaagh da orks P20 - Stormboyz of Khorne ;)

[​IMG]
    RobotElectroJones and Achrdili like this.
  7. SkullSplitta Member

Bah! We don' need no zoggin' Chaos Godz! We'z got Gork an' Mork, and dat's all we need!

You sayz da smelly 'un iz tuff? Orks iz tuffa!

You say dat da blud god iz strong? Orks is stronga!

You say dat da god wiv all da pink flash stuff loves killin' an lootin'? We'z da killiest, and da lootiest, an we loves it too!

You tellin' me dat da weird 'un likes ta zog wiv ya? Pfft, we pull pranks on each uvva all da time. 'Sa right gud larf wen ya pull da pin on a tankbusta'z stikk bomb, or wen ya put a face eatin' squig in a trukkboy'z tailpipe. HAR HAR!

8. Effectively as Khanistrello posted. Orks used to be able to be possessed as well, such as in Bloodquest, but now they seem to be immune to that. I think it has something to do with Gork stomping on the head of whatever daemon is foolish enough to attempt it.
  9. SkullSplitta Member

I read somewhere once where a weirdboy was possessed by a daemon, but instead of the daemon taking over, the weirdboy had complete control and was even able to use the daemon's power to strengthen his own.
  10. cancer RobotElectroJones Well-Known Member

That sounds hilarious. :D
    Dimitrius_Kirrolov likes this.