Background Image

Ork Waaaaagh Vs Tyranid Hive Fleet?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Matobar, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Details Details The Spriteful

I'm not really sure that the hive fleet would just retreat after spending so many resources for an intergalactic travel of these proportions
    there's a lot of space between andromeda and our galaxy after all
    imho is more a "go big or go extinct" situation for the tyranids too
    (implying that they are not so many to predate more than one galaxy simultaneously, but it's unlikely)
  2. I have heard, officially or unofficially, that an ork vs. hive fleet battle is more or less a stalemate. But i'm sure tyranids still outnumber orks a bit and have an advantage in that they don't fight each other. And I highly doubt the nids would retreat... I have a feeling we will find out how great their numbers are when their 6th ed codex is released.
  3. larrence larrs Curator

Not all orks are phsyckers. They have a supernatural aura but they cant harness that power alone they need LOTZ to believe in something for it to come true. Also I want to be in a huge group of orks going to fight the pyramid threat.
  4. Mr.Dakka Mr-Dakka Subordinate

The battle would probably last forever.
  5. Thrakka Thrakka Master

Der be a reason an ORK WAAGGHH is considered da bestest force in da whole galaxy. If wez can just stop da infightin long nuff to do so den da orks will be da wons on top!
    DocButcher likes this.
  6. It has already been done, or is being done, the orks are fought, or are fighting, against they latest hive fleet. They had the upperhand but the tyranids can replenish forces quicker than the orcs and are more adaptable.
  7. Wez jus need anuvva Boss like The Beast. Da boyz wud kontrol da galaxy again in no time.
  8. Fuzzy Fuzzy Subordinate

9. Matobar Matobar Moderator / Keeper of the Light

IMO if Ghazgkhull showed up, the 'Nids would be crushed. But without effective leadership, I think the result would be a stalemate. The Orkz aren't ones to adapt their strategy, while every loss the 'Nids suffer is a one-off; it won't happen again.
  10. Thrakka Thrakka Master

Yeah da biggest warboss we ever seen shuld com to dis 'ere fight! But who knows where he is now a dayz.