Background Image

Ork Speech: 101

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Gashmangla, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've decided to share my cumulative knowledge of the subject of how to talk like an ork with the EC community. My credentials on this matter include:
    • Being a Brit form the South who kinda already sounds like an Ork IRL anyway
    • Having played pretty much every Games Workshop PC game available that allowed me to play as my favourite race, Orks naturally
    • GM'ing one of the most well known RP Orc guilds on the EU RP servers in Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning
    • The fact that I still drunkenly shout Orky stuff at my screen even when I haven't got my headset on (although this may just be an unrelated problem I have)
    • If you ask my 3yr old daughter "what do Orkz say?", she will happily shout "Waaagh!" or "Oi! Oi! Oi!" as loudly as she can directly in your face - (easily my proudest parenting achievement so far!) - For the record, I'm currently teaching her "Needz moar dakka"
    • When I used to be a member of DLB, I was told over the TeamSpeak channel, by Warboss Thrakka Snazzfingas himself, that I sounded just like the Orks from the Dawn of War franchise
    • Have collected a pretty large 40k Ork army over the last 10 years which is in varying degrees of build / paint
    Anyway, enough gumph. For anyone interested you can find my Orky guide in the Eternal Crusade community section of Steam. I aim to keep this updated as regularly as possible as I receive further feedback from the Orky community.

If you read and either actually enjoy or learn from this guide, please give it a "Thumbs Up" and a Favourite on Steam. I feel it will help both newcomer Orkz as well as veterans looking to brush up their vocabulary.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.