Background Image

Ork player that recently started using the gravgun

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Rokdakgut-rippa, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Please enforce your logic and opinion of grav cannons onto the minds of XIII members, because I hate how they catch my serpents in double cannon beam I can do completely nothing against.

In fact, please imprint your logic and reasoning on every single LSM player, so no eldar driver has to suffer the effect and damage of grav cannons.
  2. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

My main use for grav weaponry is tactical support in PVE with a modded standard grav gun, ammo bundle, servo skull. Sure this loadout can be used to play a more dedicated tactical support role in PVP, but meh...

In my experience, grav weaponry's slow TTK and lack of headshot multiplier just makes it too risky to use against anything that can shoot back. So in PVP I prefer multimeltas or lascannons for destroying vehicles - depending on the terrain, and bolters/heavy bolters/chainswords for infantry.
  3. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Any situation that a grav cannon has killed a wave serpent in, a master craft lascannon would likely have done it much easier - especially if there's two of them. It only takes 5 frontal hits to kill a wave serpent with a lascannon, which is about 5 - 6 seconds if you have two people with mastercraft lascannons (1.6 chargeup, .8s winddown, 1.6s chargeup).

That's pretty much all its for. Killing nids.
  4. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Lal, 5 frontal hits to kill a Wave Serpent :D
    Try aiming at the frontal weakspot (cockpit, aka, the "black glass") and see what happens ^^
  5. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Don't tell me it uses rear armour/top armour stats for the glass.
  6. 3 strikes my dude. The turret cockpit also counts.
  7. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

That's fucking retarded but eh, whatever. I don't think anything bE can do at this point would surprise me. Giving FRONTAL ARMOUR the stats of top/rear armour is probably one of the lesser issues.

I don't really main AV though so, not surprised this is news to me but, that being said, this makes my thoughts on the grav weapons even more meaningful - even if a wave serpent is looking toward you, simply firing toward the glass renders the grav weapon obsolete entirely...
  8. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

OK, I won't, but it seems like Raptorian will :D

Anyhow, it is only a huge issue on the Warp Hunter ("Ordnance") as you can kill it before it can fire in Sieges, though with the current meta that might be a good thing for pugs as they won't destroy the Gates...

EDIT: I forgot to say that if the enemy uses a "regular" Grav-Weapon then you can still roadkill them while Boosting in a Wave Serpent, or at least you could last time I tried.
    For the glory of snail kills!
    ProteusVM likes this.
  9. Fangz Fangz Confessor

You could.
    The Magno is the only thing that could really stop them flying saucers, but it really doesn't do much outside of said stopping saucers role...