Background Image

Ork player that recently started using the gravgun

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Rokdakgut-rippa, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Why is this thing so sexy, seriously

Like you have a Scorpion going "hur hur ima kill you" and I'm all "nope" and then I go *PHEEEEEEEWWWWWWMMM*

and they go "aahhh no I'm dumb and smelly and dead ahhh"

Banter aside though, are there any more tips on using this thing aside from against melee folks of course.
  2. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

You practically nailed the few possibilities of this gun.
    - Pinning down melee fighters so that your team can shred them.
    - Pinning down vehicules so that your team can melt them away.

The grav gun is under used because it fit a certain context, else it's raw DPS is not enough to battle in the current meta against other ranged, which makes it a tool to kill Eldars, melee fighters and vehicules. But if you want to have an unstoppable AV team :
    2 tacticals with bolter and melta bomb + 1 tactical with grav gun + 1 devastator multimelta + (optionnaly) 1 devastator with lascannon in the very UNLIKELY possibility that any vehicule can escape such a comp and must be finished at long range.
  3. Durash Durash Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]
    Rokdakgut-rippa likes this.
  4. Fine geez
  5. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

ITZ CUZ DA GRABBITTY GUN SHOOTS GREEN STUFF AND GREEN DAKKA IZ DA BEST DAKKA DER IZ
  6. You wouldn't even need all that, I reckon I could do it with my modded gravcannon with my friend on MC lascannon if our shots were true and focused on sponsons, engines, canopies and the general arse area, my gravcannon doing at least 25% of the damage if I can hit those zones. Should be dead well within 10 seconds with low chance of repercussions.

Converting this to grav+melta is doable, firing out of windows on Lavaworld and gravguns would also be welcome in a partyvan with 2-3 people doing all of that (and the third is mostly insurance). You also need to convince non-Eldar players to seriously play the vehicle game and I don't see those numbers materialising.
  7. [​IMG]
  8. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

I fill that with 1 FD + Falcon (driven by me) in Eldar. 1 guy, instead of 5
  9. Faleg Faleg Preacher

So basically what you mean is a guy with a power fist, and his buddy with a grav gun. Changing 5 man team into 2 man :)
  10. Furst Blut Ne-Plus-Ultra Steam Early Access

Mean while, Eldar Death Race squad: 1 Fire Dragon w/ Meltabomb (bundle or not) + Wave Serpent driver. Even worse if that Fire Dragon has Fuegan's Resolve.