Background Image

Original Chapter Rp Ooc Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by WanderingJester, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Xaphen Xaphen Well-Known Member

It did. Thank you.

On point one. Sorry, I was kinda talking out my ass. I mean we can assume they do since the two examples I had in my head would point to that. Dante(Blood angels) Has lived for over 1k years and he is not dead, if im correct it is never stated or implied that he is 'getting old' as if living over a millennium would even slow him down. In actuality it makes him a better warrior. The other example I had is with Bjorn who is stuck in a metal box on life support. One would think a crippled marine that is only living due to having a bunch of tubes and other medical support systems stuck in them would not live as long, yet he is the oldest living marine. I think it a safe assumption to make that marines live for a very very very very long time, one could even say they are immortal...

But

I did not fully understand the mentor system until I read it again and read your reply. So now I have no problem with Characters life spans, so there is no need for a debate on something irrelevant. But I was wondering if you thought about the lack of 'friendship' this will cause between characters(unless we all change char at the same time in waves and all our new ones know each other). I mean how many missions is ROB in? 9? And that is 359 pages worth and several months. If every mission/battle is about 2 weeks and every 2 missions we change out characters, there is not too much 'broships' we will make for each characters.
  2. DeranVendar DeranVendar Subordinate

Gonna post IC shortly but first, can we get a basic list of what is fair game to be safe? I imagine it's just things like snipers, shotguns and bolters but just wanna be sure and see what the entire list is.
  3. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

man that makes things sound real cool
    WanderingJester likes this.
  4. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

@Xaphen the frequency of the post should be fast, but I understand. I think it'll less be like people all die off so the younger guys take over and more of just a single shift in the characters for all the players. It's assumed that the younger generation will at least know each other from the mission they've been on together, as they're all mentored by members of the same squad. So assume that they know a bit about each other when everyone switches to the new guys. If the rules from my OP on this thread stands, we should have the first mission finished by the end of this week (it's a short mission in my mind). There'll be time jumps also, just nothing specific right now since I'm more focused on the immediate mission on hand at the moment.

@DeranVendar yea standard stuff, bolters, shotguns, snipers, chain sword, combat knifes, the whole standard armory stuff. If anyone's not sure about a weapon just ask me in PM or here, I'll call out stuff that I think is inappropriate but on the most part I think everyone knows what standard gear is.

@Vulpas yup.​
    Xaphen, DeranVendar and Vikingvesk like this.
  5. Xaphen Xaphen Well-Known Member

Cool. Well Im in. I feel like Jimmy is a little to normal of a name so:

Name: Remiel
    Class: Scout
  6. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

since this is during the horus hersey can we get some kind of weapon from the great crusade era Like serpentas or possibly grab weaponry? Also Are we allowed to take lances for our bikes? Or would the great crusade era tech be basically specialized?
  7. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

No go on the Serpentas, lex said they're rare during the HH days and so they're not available for scout use. Give me another specific weapon and I'll let you know for sure, but I think most Great Crusade weapons are off limit. Regular lances are fine, no power though, so it's more or less just a really long sharp metal stick, might be better off with a regular chainsword, but hey it's your choice. Yes great crusade era tech would be specialized.

Sorry for the late reply, fell asleep so I took a nap.
    DeranVendar and Vikingvesk like this.
  8. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

Its k alright I think I know what I am going to take
  9. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

How about a stalker bolter would those be allowed?
  10. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

sure, why not. It seems pretty standard.