Background Image

Ordo Xenos: The Darkest Night

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Uriel1339, Sep 2, 2017.

  1. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

    And as the Primarch once again showed off his vast power, Gansukh made his final gambit. The explosives they set up were about to blow and it was now or never.

    Using the reserves given to him by the tortured world spirit, the Stormseer brought forth the earth's fiery blood once again and once again, a hail of magma bolts flew from below up in an arc and onto his enemy, rising in number and velocity as the psyker threw all that he got. But while the Primarch would find himself under the main assault, it was only a diversion.

    With the hail of molten lava, Gansukh tried to focus hidden part of it, the one directly below the walkway, into a blazing geysir. This one wouldn't go up in an arc, this one would strike the railing right below the monstrous creature, melting metal and hopefully breaking the foothold, thus forcing the Primarch to shift his attention to it or risk falling into the vulcano below.

    As that happened, Gansukh would use whatever power he had left to picture the landing pad where they all first touched the Tyran's soil to try and open a portal to it. He didn't know how long that would last, but he was sure it wouldn't be long. He also hoped that Tyr would understand what was going on and instead of staying, he too would use the portal to escape the impending doom that was about to engulf this facility. White Scar also hated that he had to leave the Primarch alive and hope that the explosion gets to him, but there was no other option available to him that would help him slay this monster.

    If the portal was successfully opened, Gansukh would lead by an example and move in first in order to try and hold the warding so that both Phyrrus and Tyr could get through as well.
  2. OneOfMany KorCharon Preacher

    Phyrrus watched the ongoing clash with fascination as the terrible energies clashed violently together. As the Stormseer was his only means of escape and they were far below ground he chose to stay and be of whatever assistance he could. Hoping to distract the primarch as much as possible in order for the Chorgorian to open the conduit to safety, Phyrrus braced himself in stable cover and began discharging his volkite serpenta into the Void Tyrant‘s hand. He hoped that the burning conflageration unleashed by the ancient weapon would at least disrupt the false primarch‘s focus somewhat and thereby give Ganuskh the opening they needed.
  3. Lanius looked at the Valkyrie from his position after Red had been pulled to more steady ground. “I do not think we will be able to make it there before the Xenos Craft leaves but we could give chance in the void. What say you Red?” Lanius asked hoping the man would respond quickly as time was of the essence right now. Either they pursue and attempt to destroy it in the void or stay in the hanger and perhaps look to defend other area of the ship the Xenos have boarded. @Vulpas
  4. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

    "I don't know if the Valkyrie has enough firepower to take out that ship, and I am pretty sure I don't have a license to pilot a Valkyrie, and even if we did. I think we have more important things on our hands, We need to help defend the ship and the hanger. As it won't matter if we get the inquisitors to pet back if the ship falls." Red said looking to lanius
  5. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

    ~~ Tyran - Narrator - Franc HQ - Power Plant ~~
    @Colapse - Gansukh Oyoma, White Scar (SM) Stormseer
    @Grall_Stonefist - Tyr Nosebreaker, Space Wolf (SM) Grey Hunter
    -----
    @KorCharon - Phyrrus Ataraxus, Terran (M) Palantine Sentinel

    The Void Tyrant matched every single assault, taking a step forward every now and then, trying to close distance. By doing so, he forced Tyr to take position next to Gansukh - knowing he was their only chance.

    "Just. Stop!" The Primarch roared when enduring a shot from the Volkite Serpenta, having taking the shot with his raised leg, forcing him down to a knee. However, it put him in the perfect preparation for a jump. The explosion in the control room occurred shortly after. And as he saw in the last moment the magma-bolt from below shooting upwards, he did indeed leap forward - attempting to reap the trio with him, now that their plan has unfolded.

    "Oh no you don't!" Tyr roared, leaping towards the Primarch, bare fist going straight for the face and breaking the nose as he was famed for. The impact was enough to send the Void Tyrant flying through the hole in the catwalk, but through the jump-attack of the Space Wolf, he too went flying with the Primarch.

    Gansukh and Phyrrus would see the Wolf hit Mendum Alvus over and over again until a lava column shot upwards, consuming them both. The White Scar and Palantine Sentinel were only left with their escape.


    ~~ Tyran - Narrator - Franc HQ - Landing Pad Fight ~~
    @BadDo9 - Denton 'Longfang' Reach, Catachan (M) Jungle Fighter
    @Tamu - Goreparan, Minotaur (SM) Apothecary
    @Donairian - Frederick Cooper, Human (M) Primaris Psyker
    @Colapse - Gansukh Oyoma, White Scar (SM) Stormseer
    @KorCharon - Phyrrus Ataraxus, Terran (M) Palantine Sentinel

    The bolter hammered into the falcon, but failed to disable the engines. The anti-grav vehicle took off into the distance, putting it barely into maximum range for the missile launcher - it was now or never to change weapons and fire.

    The other xeno vessels which had turned around, made a general assault, bombing and shooting everything in vicinity. Luckily, Fredrericks wall withstood and kept the three safe. However once he dropped the fiery wall of protection, suddenly Gansukh and Phyrrus were in front of him. They smelt of ashes and fire.

    Gansukh and Phyrrus were hit with a wind of freezing cold after they were almost steamed alive, the outside air feeling like the fierce winds of Fenris, as Tyr would describe was he still with them. The two would find a slowly recovering Denton on the floor, Frederick Cooper the Psyker staring at them and Goreparan aiming at a distant Falcon anti-grav transport, escorted by a variety of vessels.


    ~~ Tyran - Narrator - Franc HQ - Landing Pad Fight - Inside the Falcon ~~
    @Wata - Alnar, Eldar (M) Corsair Reaver

    The crew would not feel the bolter impact, but warning sounds would chime. "Don't worry, Alnar!" The pilot yelled back, another familiar voice. "We haven't come all this way just to get shot down! Have some trust in Isha's Dove will you?!" He gave a blank part of the console a good slap as if emphasizing his compliment to the vessel. And Alnar would feel a certain familiarity how humans would revere the machine spirits of their weapons and ships in a similar way. It was a disgusting familiarity.

    "We will be out of in range within the next thirty seconds and our cruiser is already moving to the pickup point. This whole world will be behind us in less than five minutes." The older sister reassured Alnar, giving him a playful punch in the shoulder.


    ~~ The Darkest Night - Narrator - Back On-Board~~
    @Taec - Laeris, Dark Eldar (M) Trueborn
    -----
    @Vulpas - Red Tarsinis, Human (M) Crusader
    @TuskatheDaemonKilla - Lanius Skyruss, Human (M) Tech Priest

    Lanius and Red understood well enough that their current means were insufficient to take down the Falcon and went for the closest operable Valkyrie instead. The Techpriest naturally would get into the pilot seat, while Red would take the guns. Surely this was no Fury Interceptor like those that were seen whooshing by in the now escalating void combat. But it would have to do for the time being.

    The falcon started to hover and move slowly towards the exit of the hangar, ramp pointing towards Laeris who now broke out into a full steam ahead sprint. There was one final leap just before a grenade exploded where he stood one moment before. The detonation accelerating his momentum, causing him with the grace of a fish on land to crash on the deck of the anti-grav tank and make several rolls.

    "The dark blade has been recovered." One of the Guardian-armored Corsairs spoke out loud into his vox-gem before the falcon accelerated and the ramp closed. Then their weapons were aimed on the belly up Dark Eldar. "We saved you. But that does not mean we have to trust you. Archon."

    Then they chuckled and removed their helmets. He saw familiar faces and was quickly lifted up by the two Kaballite Warriors back to his feet. The tattoo of his Kabal prominent on their forehead. "Comorragh thinks you are dead. But we heard rumors from the Void Dragons. It seems that Duke Sliscus went great lengths to arrange a deal with Saarania to have you here. So whatever your actual plans for the rebirth of our Kabal. It seems you will be paying off a debt first to the Serpent King." He shrugged somewhat after bringing his lord up to speed. The others just watched, letting the Primus of the Kabal and the Archon commune.

    Just then the first wave of fire rained upon them from the pursuing Valkyrie. The Falcon took some hits, but evaded most of them. It was not exactly made for void combat, but neither was the Valkyrie. The Dark Eldar pilot spun the vessel, moving backwards while unleashing a barrage of shuriken fire against the Valkyrie. Lanius made a maneuver in the last moment, but there were scratches across the hull from massive streams of the alien projectile.

    The two vessels were among themselves as the bulk of the space battle was above and below them, the Falcon anti-grav vessel however was clearly heading backwards for the hangar bay of the Eldar cruiser, its crew clearly not interested in the space combat. Unless the Archon would have a different idea.
  6. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

    Whether Denton was in a better shape than Gansukh was a serious question as the Stormseer fell down on the ground, completely exhausted. The rage of the world spirit fled him, him releasing everything he had in the previous battle and opening the Infinity Gate was pretty much the last thing he was able to do before collapsing.

    There was grief for his fallen brother, but the White Scar knew that every life given in the service of the Emperor was a life well spent, the only thing that mattered was that they were able to stop the false primarch from reaching surface. Of course, there was no way to know if the plan worked but even if that creature somehow survived falling into the pit of molten lava, Gansukh would call for orbital bombardment and destruction of the world once they get back aboard the ship. If both of them and the ship makes in through.

    He also spotted the Eldar raiders, it would seem that the monster below was correct in his assessment. Not that he would be able to do anything at the moment, so he simply laid there, trying to gather his strenght for what would undoubtedly be yet another battle.
  7. Donairian Donairian Ordinate

    Frederick recoiled as the freezing aura hit him letting the flame wall dissipate and fall leaving the group vulnerable to a second strafing run, he involuntarily breathed in a great deal of smoke from some of the real fire his conjured shield had started and he started coughing uncontrollably. Through his hazing eyes he saw Gansukh lying with Phyrrus on the ground seemingly appearing out of nowhere but through his painfully throbbing headache Cooper sensed his fire shield had been stopped by a tremendous psychic feedback. Trying to focus what remained of his ailing willpower the Primaris Psyker beseeched the seemingly immobile Librarian to act.

    '*hack, cough, wheeze* I can't breathe... @Colapse White scar! Lord Goreparan @Tamu requires your powers of prescience to make his next shot, please lend him your mind!'

    He felt ready to collapse, his legs were shaking and he felt nauseous from a combination of his physical condition and the mental strain, his neural inhibitors sparked as they bled away excess energy and his force stave was physically hot to the touch. He mentally batted away a hostile thought at the back of his head and raised his free hand to conjure the fire wall again attempting to shield @Tamu in the same way he had done before focusing all his attention on keeping up his defensive effort while keeping his own mind as secure as he could manage.
  8. Lanius made something of grunt as he made the Valkyrie dodge Xenos fire. “Our target is disinterested in fighting it seems.” He said to Red who was in the gunner’s seat.”I suggest we attempt to destroy it for now but if it reaches their hanger we must fall back to the ship. I do not think we would be able to fight off an entire Xenos ship’s crew. However amusing it may be to succeed in that task the risks is too great.” While saying this Lanius did his best to avoid incoming fire but also keep the craft as close to on target he could manage. @Vulpas
    Uriel1339 and Colapse like this.
  9. Wata Wata Arkhona Vanguard

    The playful punch did not hurt him but it did remind him Denton had landed full force punches that surely hurt. He wiped some blood off his nose and held his side, taking a seat to try and calm down.
    "I just - I'm just happy to get away. It was torture at times, they put a collar on me like I'd be some damn animal."

    He looked up at his friends and smiled. "At least I still remember who my friends still are. Since when did he learn to fly?" Alnar nodded toward the pilot and chuckled, hoping he recognized the voice correctly.
    DeathKorpsOfKrieg and Uriel1339 like this.
  10. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

    @Uriel1339

    Goreparan aimed the rocket and fired before the Eldar vehicle went out of range. Once the rocket was fired he shot a few more bolter rounds in the general direction before looking back at the new arrivals. Noting the lack of the wolf and the strains on the physkers both human and marine the minotaur quickly addressed them both as he maneuvered to see if he could get more shots at the fleeing eldar vehicle with more rockets.

    As he ran goreparan addressed the others via vox

    @Colapse @Donairian @BadDo9 @KorCharon
    “Frederick don’t bother shielding me, focus on Gansukh and Denton. Sentinel check on the Catachan, I want to know what happened between him and the knife ears. The ship has either fled or is being engaged in orbit and we need to deal with this sudden Eldar infestation before anything can be sorted out”
    DeathKorpsOfKrieg and Uriel1339 like this.

Share This Page