Background Image

Oi painboyz ya got a new toy!

Discussion in 'Orks' started by RageScreama, Mar 9, 2017.

1. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Best way to use burny syringe imo is equip poison resist wargear, toss sicky nade/unload with sicky slugga, and land a fast attack. The fire and poison dot stack and it absolutely wrecks people.
  2. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Does the poison stack have a cap?
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Same amount as its always been. So with two ailments you just get access to a second damage gauge. Mames for a lot of indirect damage.
  4. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

I thought the tier system was scrapped when they normalized it for knives and they just balance around the impact damage on weapons now which is why the power fist doesn't wreck nearly as bad as it used to... I could be wrong I never really pay attention to durability even when I was playing melee a lot because I usually never broke my weapon I would either win or die before it broke.
  5. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Tier system still exists, superior impact only helps you against weapons in your own weapon's tier. Pfist can still clang and cause durability loss for every weapon, it's just that they no longer have long frames for it, meaning that for every attack they launch, faster weapons will achieve one successful hit before they clang. This inevitably grinds the pfist down in a straight 1v1 fight.
  6. Thuldarn Gaan_Cathal Well-Known Member

I get decent results comboing Lashsword and Fusion Pistol on a Scorpion (though I do flip on fusion pistol vs gold armour, tbf) - the DoTs stack surprisingly well. Could pull off something similar with a Sikky Shoota or whatever the poison pistol thing is called? Any non-syringe source of poison really. The only problem would be support-tier health (if mitigated a bit by... well, being an Ork).
  7. b0ink7 Recruit

Didn't see any actual numbers being posted so tested it in garrison.

150-180LP Poison two attacks = 6*33 + 6*13 + 5*3 poison damage = 291 damage

200lp Fire, two attacks = 21*10 = 210 damage

So the differences are negatively.. a total of 81 less damage, doesn't stack in intensity, doesn't bypass shields, costs 50-20lp more, can't take a MC version.

But on the upside

Your damage can't be reduced/removed by healing and your damage ticks faster.
    Sily likes this.
  8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Keep in mind your melee attacks already removed the shields. And if you stack ailments the poison does bypass so the fire hitting shield at that point is like doing double dmg of shield and health at the same time. So you can go poison pistol in one hand and fire stabber in the other or hit them with a sicky nade and start stabbing in your own poison cloud.
  9. MrMaksimus Recruit

Wot if da burny syringe set dem on fire AND poisoned dem at da same time?
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't be absurd if you lowered the poison a little from standard. If it had the same as base one swing would do too much damage.