Background Image

Oi painboyz ya got a new toy!

Discussion in 'Orks' started by RageScreama, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Okay, that's not fair. Every race got 2 new weapons. The usefulness of the weapons can be questioned but to say orks were pushed aside in favor of marines isn't right. Being pushed aside would be being ignored while marines got new weapons.
    Slough_Monster and Houngar like this.
  2. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

Dok Poison
    • Slow DOT
    • Visibly disturbing and obvious
    • ~2 injects guarantees kill
    • Can only be countered by healing
    • Can be upgraded

Dok Heat
    • Fast DOT
    • Not very noticeable
    • ~2 injects guarantees kill
    • Can be countered by rolling or healing
    • Can be coupled with poison tools?

It is a little situational but if not hindered Heat is more effective for reducing TTK. Not sure if it works, but theoretically you could do heat and poison DOT on same target with the right gear.

I do however disagree with the 200lp price tag, it should be more like 100. If they add more durability to it than maybe 150.
  3. BIg Time EBola Houngar Active Member

That actually happens plenty, i dont believe thilly was talking about this patch so much as how much orks get content overall. The ongoing joke of "more guns for lsm" has some truth to it sadly.
  4. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

The eldar reaper launcher didn't work as far as I could tell. As in it was just the same as a regular one. Kinda like the napalm launcha was on release.
  5. As main Painboy I don't think I want that syringe in my loadout unless I decide to go for a kamikaze debuffer.

When I play support roles most of my LP are invested in making my healing efficient and keep myself alive long enough to help my mates.

I can only see this new toy with Shiny Dakka Slugga, medium or heavy armor, poison grenades.
  6. Fangz Fangz Menial

The new(?) ork zapp gun is really pathetic... doubt the devs tested it before releasing it.
    Burny syringe could be... usable depending on the situation. Like against MoN.

LSM also got pretty useless crap this patch (though LSM really don't need more guns).
    A heavy attack maul and a chainsword wannabe narthecium.
    For the maul, if you want to heavy attack something at that initiative you might as well use a fist.
    The narthecium is about as useful as the burny syringe, both being very situational.
  7. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

If they've got the points for it though, this basically gives Apoths with a Bolter what is basically a chainsword but cheaper, and with slightly less impact while still allowing them to take a bolter in the first place. It's only really useless for melee Apoths since they already have better.
  8. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Impact tier is knife tier, which means it is worse than a narth, because you lose the poison damage for a tiny bit more normal damage.

At least I believe that is the case, I am a space furry, so can't really test it.
  9. Fangz Fangz Menial

Situational, since MoN laughs at poison damage, using a chainsword narth could be good.
  10. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

And Eldar, who all have 30% poison resist.
    Geisto likes this.