Background Image

Official Basic Class List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Jun 23, 2014.

1. its called having different equipments.
    a shoota boy free player will probably only be able to use a shoota. a shoota boy payed player will be able to use a big shoota, rokkit launcha..yeah can't think of any more. a slugga boy will probably be able to use a flamer..
  2. Alorion CaiusCain Active Member

true, but in lore boys have always been the mob of death which when you find a single boy walking alone that boy is pretty much toast, orks like groups for a reason now
  3. numerous places from devs. originally i thought it was 5vs1. but they have said officially 'a skilled ork f2p player can solo a space marine/eldar/csm player'
  4. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Oh. Yeah, I get that. It's roughly a 3:1 win ratio in 1v1 if you punch TT stats into a CC calculator and I think lore is less generous than that. I'm not concerned either way, I just want to know if one of the Devs gave that ratio because I'm trying to collect quotes on balance atm :)
    Yeah but have they said that an equally skilled Ork Boy will be inherently at a 3:1 disadvantage against Astartes ?
  5. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

I don't think that devs will give 3:1 disadvantage to ork boys.

If one skilled boy is enough to kill SM then two average players is more than enough.
  6. Ivan Mulkeen ScorpioSymbol Well-Known Member

It's simply not true (and I've double checked that with Brent.)
  7. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. Sounded wrong based on Brent/Michael's previous insights on F2P.

We need to be careful when expressing opinion as certainty. Especially where balance is concerned. Not even the Devs are ready to have those debates yet.
    Psychopski likes this.
  8. my apologies.
    this sounds better then, i suppose.
  9. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

the issue here is that you are assuming a good player will be playing an ork boy. this is simply not the case. 99.999% of the boyz will be true free to waagh. freebies suck. they never learn how to play properly and generally run around just like a bunch of boyz. in this situation 5:1 disadvantage is probably true. that being said, if someone were to actually learn how to play , chances are it would be a lot closer to on par.
  10. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

That's your assumption. I was only interested in the 1 to 1 match up between opponents of equal skill and experience.

Also I don't agree with your response: I played Rift, Firefall, POE and PS2 in the last year without dropping a dime on them other than the odd cosmetic. I can't say that I noticed a great difference between the skill of store frequenters and strictly F2P players. Especially not in my guilds or alliances. I know some Whales who play like they're baked off their nipples half the time.
    Rikamar, Lichtbringer and Djemo-SRB like this.