Background Image

Offensive Warlock Viable?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Brewflower, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Plazm Plazm Well-Known Member

2. Thalion100 Recruit

Force power will rise my dps a bit, indeed but the extra survivability of Enhance/Embolden helps not only me but my team as well which has a way bigger impact than rising only my own dps.

Yes, same here - a short moment after this fight i got disconnected as well. T´was a guud bashin, Greenskins!
  3. Git Kwik GitGud Active Member

try using force power (sword power) and fusion pistol
  4. Plazm Plazm Well-Known Member

Fusion pistol is specific weapon. Usually use it on only scorpion.
  5. Paeyvn Paeyvn Well-Known Member

It does still bypass Shields at least as of the patch before this one. It's fun to use on shieldbros for that reason, especially since you can headshot with it.

Force is in fact great, but I'd prefer to see something different for Warlocks than Force, since they don't have Force weapons and it makes no sense. In TT they cause massive amounts of damage, but can't penetrate armor for shit whereas Force weapons are power weapons with Instant Death. They function very differently.
    Whitefox550 and DeltaGun like this.
  6. Thrakka Thrakka Master

CONSIDERIN YER JINX CHAINS ONTO MULTIPLE ENEMIES MORE WARLOCK GITS SHUD BE OFFENSIVE!
  7. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]

100% Force Warlock all game. No pistol kills, no grenade kills. Just slashy slashy.
  8. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

Nice. How about you share that build goodness? ;)
  9. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Basic Witchblade
    Damage Mod
    Clang Mod
    Standard Heal
    Force Power
    Gold Armor
    No Pistol
    10p Armor regen trinket
    10p Stam regen trinkin
    +30 Armor Wargear 1

You have to give up a lot of utility for it. You could drop the Gold armor and still carry a pistol but then you get even squishier and probably won't even make it half the time(hell I already die enough with this build haha).
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  10. I don't have a problem with any 'medic' class being Killy, as long as they remember their roll. Was at Ronan today and sat at the feet of an apothecary bleeding out and he just stood there shooting, reloading, and walking around my dying corpse to kill, and wasn't being fired on. A shield bro came by and picked me up, so I smacked the apothecAry and he healed me finally. Chance he was lost in shooting mode, but it's just an example of healers self healing to go kill while their whole team suffers.

I've seen offensive warlocks done very successfully and still managed to heal as they went along. Most just take enhance and AOE heal and stay in combat fighting. Personally I think warlocks are more suited to this play style anyway. Channeling healing is time consuming and takes forever to get a guy up. Usually everyone just focus fires the healer or repeatedly drops you over and over. Instead, Drop an AOE and keep fighting while your team gets up. At least you'll be providing s distraction for them! And still getting kills.
    Dragonkindred likes this.