Background Image

Offensive Warlock Viable?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Brewflower, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

We tried using a Seer Council on the Twitch Steam to keep things interesting. We faced BLOP and ultimately lost. Unfortunately the devs weren't filming what we're doing because they were pretty busy. However, a seer council is a viable option. It is however very situational and subject to a lot of issues, but it can be really fun.
  2. What did you do? 2 Defensive 3 offensive? That sounds like fun.
  3. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Come join MYST, I'll tell you. :D
    Anthrillien, Dragonkindred and Brujah like this.
  4. To be fair, DoWII's Desctructor does look like a bolt of lightning, albeit it deals grenade damage, looks like a single shot, and it knocks people around.
  5. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Screw what the team thinks... but generally no, nobody comments or has any problems. I think people only really get frustrated if you chase kills instead of healing a wounded ally, but this is much less of an issue if you run embolden. That's exactly what embolden is there for: to let you focus more on offense.

I run force or destructor (mainly force) and play pretty much close to a melee class with some healing support where neccessary. It is absolutely viable. I use destructor as an infinite-ammo pistol, pretty much. Like a pistol, it's not your main tool for killing targets, but it's very useful to finishing wounded enemies without risking a melee clang with your blade.

Arguably the pistol is better... but people can forget it only has 3 clips. This is often quickly exhausted, unlike charge. Destructor is also pin-point accurate on the move, unlike pistols, although it has quite a short range to the point where a pistol is probably accurate enough anyway. I just run it for the theme and the fun of spewing lightning out.
    Brujah and Dragonkindred like this.
  6. Thalion100 Recruit

7. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

8. Thalion100 Recruit

Mastercrafted Witchblade (300)
    Damage and Lifesteal Mod (50 + 100)
    Wargear 1: 15 Health (90)
    Wargear 2: 25 Power (150)
    Trinket: Ishas Tear (10)
    Sidearm: None
    Embolden (150) , Enhance (150)

Lock-On is being used by clicking the mouse wheel
  9. Destructor isn't "good" per say BUT it does bypass Shields(I think, unless it's been changed). Something to consider.

That being said, I still stand by Force power. Get backside Heavy Attack off and all but the extremely toughest of builds get one shotted. No joke. Take the Damage Mod if you can as well, helps it out.
    Niothewarlock likes this.
  10. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

Thanks. I figued out lock on an melee is much better now, lol.

Why no Force power?