Background Image

Not muh bolter!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Opinion?

1. Muh bolter forever!!!

2. It'd be nice to see other weapons used more commonly

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

True but at least the dev that made the changes said he put them on live to show us how the bolter could feel. So in other words these changes may not go through Exactly like this but they will still Probably go through in a similar fashion. That is just my thoughts on that btw from what I read.
    Deathwish likes this.
  2. I don't so much think of it as a nerf as a re-shuffle of stats that will reward veteran players with larger raw damage output and teach new players to hone their skills. It'll take some measure of effort to do well and feel rewarding when those well placed shots hit home, I'm looking forward to it!
    Deathwish likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

4. Closet Case Ork Main Deathwish Well-Known Member

Agreed. Yet here we are, select individuals already prophesizing the next "game dead in a month" rant because of theoretical change.
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  5. Closet Case Ork Main Deathwish Well-Known Member

If the changes go through to live, some players will trade places on the food chain in terms of who is more skilled than who. This should be fun to find out.
    Krayt likes this.
  6. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I hope the bolter-change leads to different bolter-patterns that function differently, so you can tailor your loadout to your playstyle even further by picking a pattern that more fits your style.. or a look you prefer
  7. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Armour should function like that also.
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Seeing as they decided to do it as cosmetics you have to buy... that'll never happen
  9. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

I’ve never seen the word Bolter used as much as I’ve seen it in this thread so far, and it’s only two pages.

That being said, I am agreeing with @ProteusVM on this one. There’s literally no reason to take other weapons due to lack of tactical flexibility in this game. Period. Long range is a joke, as LSM rule the roost with stalker bolters almost exclusively. But they have limited uses as 75 percent of the game is running rhino crammed with 10 Guys to 1 point, and all fights Happening at close/medium range.

This makes heavy support classes limited in use except fortress and ticket maps, and Melee limited In use due to too many exploit abusers, and the fact that ranged typically comes out on top of Melee in most
    Cases. JPA classes have zero staying power, and die in way too quickly to be impactful in anyway,
    Unless of course on ticket/fortress maps where you can use them to get into the point through windows etc. Only to face 25 ranged players who all gun them down in .5 seconds of arriving.

The amusing thing is that in table top, there’s actually a point to taking other weapons as they all provide bonuses. But pretty much all ranged weapons In this game are only good at one thing and suck at everything else, leaving muh Bolter the only viable build. Just watch a Leroy video...nuff said. I’m not even a good player and I can still pull off 20 plus kills if I go exclusively Bolter all match. Compare to Melee or heavies who only get kills in highly situational circumstances.
    Data8671 likes this.
  10. I regularly hit 25 kills with my melee loadouts...