Background Image

Not A Heal Bot

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Rivindesh, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Rivindesh Rivindesh Subordinate

I just want to take the time and remind everyone that Sorcerers are not heal bots.

While we may have the ability to mend flesh and bone with our sorcery, that's not the main strength of the Sorcerer. We are the support class yes, but we do so much more than just heal.

For example

• Daemon Summoning
    • Teleportation
    • Curses and Vexes
    • Divining
    • Boons
    And so much more. If you going to make us the fragile support at least give us the full package. We are not Apothecaries with horns and scary faces drawn on our helmets. We are the psykers of Chaos!

Let me list a few spells at our disposal.

Undivided
    Gift of Chaos: A infusion of Chaos energy which rapidly mutates the victim into a Chaos Spawn

Nurgle
    Gift of Contagion: Summons rotflies around enemies infecting them with pestilence

Tzeentch
    Tzeentch's Firestorm: Creates a storm of pink and blue fire that mutates enemies into Chaos Spawn

Slaanesh
    Sensory Overload: Disrupts the nervous and sensory system of enemies

And that's just the table top spells. While I understand that we cant have everyone having such great powers, at least give us something!

We are warpmancers, biomancers, necromancers, hereteks, telepaths, and so much more. Don't pigeon hole us into a healing bot.
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Eh, Gift of Contagion is just poison beam (which we already have). Sensory Overload could be useful as an AoE suppression thing but you can do that with a heavy bolter, and Lash of Slaanesh is probably more useful anyways

As for the Chaos Spawn stuff.... How the heck do you expect that to work?
  3. Ultima75000 Ultima75000 First Blood!

Blame the devs for trying the make all the class roles "unique". Killed every other role a Sorcerer can do and left only heal beam.
    TheMadnesss likes this.
  4. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

It wouldn't be hard just look at those eldar. They try so hard to be beautiful and perfect they become a horrible spawn of their own demise :p
  5. Rivindesh Rivindesh Subordinate

These are just some of the many spells.

As for the Chaos Spawn there could be multiple ways to do it.

The enemy dies leaving behind a blob of shifting flesh that acts as a mobile spawn point for a single player. If its used an ally emerges as a Chaos Spawn at the location. If its not used within 30 seconds, or if a enemy destroys it, it just pops into a pile of gore.

Another way that it could be done is the enemy is consumed and 1 Chaos Spawn life is added to the respawn pool, similar to vehicles, and players can select to be a Chaos Spawn expending the life.
  6. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

So... They'd have to create an entirely new class that can only be used in specific situations?
  7. Rivindesh Rivindesh Subordinate

Its not a customizable class or something you see in your loadouts. They are special shock troopers that help us soak up some hits as well as devouring those who get to close.
    TheMadnesss likes this.
  8. Rathaerion Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I think the issue at hand is the popularity of sorcerers, as a concept.

I remember the pre-launch forum polls that asked each faction which class they wanted to play. On chaos side, sorcerer was significantly more anticipated than any other class.

If sorcerer was not significantly weaker than it's counterpart classes, literally more than 50% of chaos players would be sorcerers. There is already a huge abundance of them as it is. I think the idea is to keep the sorcerer pop down to a minimum. There should be more traitors and traitor assaults in general than other classes.

Making sorcerers really really cool and revealing their full potential before other classes would upset this population balance severely. Sorcerers are already one of the most unique classes in the game, especially with the mark variations. I, for one, do not want to see chaos teams made up of 90% sorcerers and a couple of havocs and traitors.
  9. Rivindesh Rivindesh Subordinate

So instead of fleshing out the other classes its better to make sorcerer boring?

Then its not really a Sorcerer. Yes we can make the argument that they are aspiring sorcerers, but even the veteran Sorcerers are lack luster. I don't expect aspiring sorcerers to be slinging the most complicated spells, but the least we could do is have let veterans have some fun.

Sorcery is a huge draw to the Chaos faction, its why Chaos is my favorite faction. To see it wasted in such a way in order to justify a heal bots makes my blood boil.
  10. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

So how else do you expect to prevent sorcerer from being a spammed class?